Label designing and printing can help improve the brand image of the company as well as compliment the conventional marketing campaigns. Even though labels are minute affairs, to get it right can help you break directly into the consumer’s mind, breaking the barriers that often hinder positive progress of an online or conventional marketing campaign.
A professionally designed label with effective visual appeal can help the brand or the product stand out from the crowd of rivals. It also helps build consumer loyalty and improve consumer retention. But none of these advantages can be actually attained without employing a professional printing agency for your label designs and development. A professional agency knows which designs will suit your product label best, which sizes will be ideal or even the placement that will best boost your marketing pitch.
Here are a few tips to improve your label designs, at least from your end, before it is dispatched for printing:
- Originality – It is always advisable to have an original style or content while developing your labels. This is because if your label seems nothing different from the other company labels or branding equipment, the very purpose of pursuing label marketing is let down. Try and innovate, experimenting with colors, shapes, sizes, textual copy and graphics.
- Visual Appeal – Someone gulping down a bottle of water (your product) may be enticed by a well-designed label on it – and you have found a new loyal consumer. This is what a visually attractive label can do. Use prominent text, well-balanced colors and try keeping the label neat. Most labels tend to be small in size and hence too much in too little space may render the label cluttered and ineffective from the perspective of design.
- Shapes and Sizes – Using the conventional shapes and sizes for label prints may ease printing or reduce costs but may not be as effective as a marketing tool. Try out different sizes for your products, choosing the size or shape that suits your product best. Innovative shapes such as rectangular with rounded corners or rhombus-shaped labels can help you stand out fashionably from the mundane and monotonous designs.
- Logo or Branding – Using the company logo or allied imagery within the label design is a great way to help promote your enterprise in an innocuous way. You can use the logo itself as a label (the way sports brands such as Adidas or Puma do), thus, building up a much better brand promotion technique than your rivals.
- Label Material – Before you decide to hire a printing agency, check the label print material they have to offer. Bad quality label prints not only showcase an unprofessional approach but also put off potential consumers who are interested in your product/ brand.
- Themes – Selecting specific themes for your label designs is a great way to market your product. Not only do such labels make the products look contemporary, they also grab the attention of the consumers better. Themes such as Halloween, Christmas or even corporate styled labels can have a great appeal among target consumers.
With these simple tips in mind, you can easily create a marketing miracle for yourself, with nothing but labels as your marketing collateral.