There is a famous saying “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover” but the truth is most people tend to do that. Thus book cover becomes very vital for a book. If you have opted for self publishing for your next book it is important that you make the cover of the book look attractive by focusing on the design. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while designing the cover of your self published book:
- Theme It: The book cover should be themed around the genre of the book. The cover should be able to give a brief introduction of the book. You can use graphics, images, artwork or print a plain background depending on how you tend to convey your message to the readers. If you are targeting a specific age group you should theme the book accordingly.
- Make It Attractive: The book should catch the eye of the readers at one go when placed among a crowd. It should make the readers pick up the book and flip through some of the pages. Try printing the cover in bright color if it goes with the theme of your book. This will make it stand out among the crowd and look attractive in the book shelf.
- Images And Graphics: Try printing graphics and images relating to the book on it’s cover. If you are writing on a event, personality or a place you should print an image related to it. In case of fiction, graphics and artwork look much better. The cover can also be plain and simple if that conveys more message than images and graphics.
- Text Is Important: The name of your book and your name should appear prominently in your book. The name should be printed in big legible fonts both on the front page and the side. The back cover can be used to write a short gist about the book and testimonials if you have received any. You should also write a short biography about yourself.
- Add A Dust Jacket: Dust jackets bring in a very classy look to your book. You can print the same images on the front, back and side of the dust jacket as the cover of the book. You can use the side flaps to write a short biography or introductory message about yourself in the book.
Hiring the services of a professional printer to print the book and the cover is important and this is where Print Papa comes in handy. They are one of the best printers when it comes to self publishing authors. They are equipped with the latest technology and have expertise in printing booklets, brochures, rack cards, flyers, newsletters and presentation folders among others.