The first thing that comes to the mind after writing a book is how and where to promote your book. If you are a well known author you might not require external promotion since your publisher will be happy to promote your book. For the first time self publishing authors however, promotion isn’t as easy. You can use a lot of mediums to promote your book from the Internet to banners, posters and event book stores. You need to keep the following things in mind while promoting your book:
- Identify your target audience and use a medium which appeals mostly to them. In case of the older generation you could advertise your book through the newspapers but to target the youngsters, Internet is the best medium.
- Get your book reviewed by a famous magazine or newspaper. Try contacting the book reviewers directly as this is the best publicity you can get.
- Look for the magazine genres that are to be read by your target audience. If you are writing a sports biography, placing an advertisement in a sports magazine will serve ideal.
- Try contacting a few book stores in your city and place some posters promoting the book. You can also promote your book by adding bookmarks to other books a month before you release your book.
- Send a few free copies to the media organization and libraries around you. This may not add to the direct sales but will definitely make you popular.
- If you have written a book on the youth you could promote it by distributing flyers outside the colleges as the students are your potential readers.
- Try putting up some posters in coffee shops around the town a few weeks before the release of your book. This will create a hype around the town about your book just before it’s release.
- You can use the local FM radio to promote your book if your topic is very localized. In case you have a big budget you can also opt for the television which will have a wider reach compared to a FM radio.
Promotion plays a very vital role in the success and failure of books in today’s market. It is important for you to print the book with high quality printing technologies to make it look impressive. Print Papa will serve as the ideal printer for you. They are experts in printing booklets, brochures, rack cards, catalogs, newsletters, door hangers and presentation folders. They are equipped with the latest technology in printing and have built a list of successful clients over the years.