If you are a small business owner, than a business card is one of your best marketing tools. When you give your business card to a person you are inviting him or her to become your future client. It gives you the option to market your products and services in a very cost effective manner. There are many people who spoil a business card in a bid to make it better. Here are some of the common business card mistakes that people commit:
- Being Too Unique – There are certain card standards which are accepted in the market. Being over creative with your business card might work for certain businesses but definitely not for all. Many people play with the shapes of the business cards. Some even don’t take such business cards seriously. Look for the business cards that you admire and you will come to the conclusion that most of them are simple.
- Overemphasized Logo – Although logo is the most important thing when it comes to brand promotion an overemphasized logo spoils the business card. The logo should not be too large and should be aptly sized based to correspond with the font size of your business card. Placing the logo on the corner of the business card is a good idea instead of a large one in the center.
- Soaked in Color – It is true that color attracts human eye but overdoing it might cost your clients. Colors make the business cards look flashy which is like screaming into the years of your potential client instead of speaking to him/her softly. The background color and text color should have contrast for easier reading.
- Paper/Ink Quality – A poorly printed business card (usually onces which are offered for FREE) is as good as negative publicity for any business. In a bid to cut costs many people compromise on the quality of paper and ink used in a business card. You need to make sure that you go with a reputable printer that emphasizes the quality of their materials.
- Incomplete Contact Details – A fixed address, contact number often symbolize the authenticity of a business. In a bit to overdo the business card many people miss out on proper contact details in their business card. Ask yourself, will you do business with an individual whose business card doesn’t have proper contact details and address? It is important to make sure that the business cards have complete contact details.
A good business cards needs to be printed from a good printing service provider. You can hire the services of a printing agency like PrintPapa for the job that have expertise in printing brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, greeting cards, calendars etc. They are known for delivering high quality work on time