Originally brochure was a marketing material solely associated with the educational institutes, but nowadays it is used by all sizes of business – whether small, medium or big. Brochure is often the first impression that a potential customer makes about a company. If they are well crafted and designed then they will create a positive impression in the minds of the potential customers. With the proper utilization of a brochure you can convert many potential customers into your customers. But in order to get success with the promotional brochure the designing is very important. Whether you want to perform the designing tasks yourself or hire a graphic designer with a lot of expertize, you should know the basic brochure design elements. By having such a knowledge you will ensure that your brochure designing budget does not go a waste. You can also hire the services of the best designer if you are able to ask him/her pertinent questions learned about the brochure design elements. If the designer is not able to answer some of the pertinent questions then it is time to move on. Below are some of the important elements of brochure design.
- Uniqueness: Any brochure should tell the readers something unique which differentiates your company from the rest of the crowd. Uniqueness starts right from the way your brochure is designed. Ask the designer from where he/she gets the design inspiration. If the designer says from businesses in the same sector as yours then it could be a red flag. You will not like to get a copy of your competitors brochure design.
- Simplicity: Cluttering the brochure with heaps of graphics and texts because you have space does not make sense. A brochure should contain only the most relevant information such as the testimonials and benefits. The information, however, will vary according to the function and the audience of the brochure. Ask the designer which design elements can lead to a good brochure design. Remember, lots of images and big texts in various colors can make the brochure hard to read. So if the designer recommends these usages then it is better to move.
- Resolution of Images: Question the designer on what types of images he/she is planning to use. If the designer is planning to use stock photos make sure that these have high resolution. If low resolution images are used in the brochures they will look blurred and unprofessional. Even if the rest of the brochure looks great, the blurred images will diminish its appeal significantly.
- Choice of Colors: Use of colors can evoke the right mood that you want the customers to have when they see the brochure. The brochure color should compliment the logo and the colors used in the company name. Ask the designer on the color he/she intends to use. If the designer intends to use the color that corresponds with the logo or the photos used then you are hiring the right professional for the job.
You should also make a careful choice of printing service provider. Only the most experienced printing agencies such as PrintPapa will be able to provide the highest quality of brochure printing. PrintPapa has wide experience in printing different types of promotional materials such as booklets, posters, banners, postcards, letterhead, flyers, NCR Forms, etc.
Success of your marketing campaigns is often determined by the quality of promotional materials. Promotional materials possess huge potential. Some marketers would say using the promotional materials in a wrong way is worse then not using them at all! The planning, designing and output of promotional materials often decides how your business will grow. This is the reason companies whether small or big give a lot of stress on these promotional materials. One of the favorite types of promotional materials which the companies are using vastly is brochures. With the help of a well designed brochure you can tell many things about your business and products. The brochures provide enough space to the marketers to clear the doubts regarding the company and its products or services. When done properly brochures can prove to be the best promotional materials. While the experienced marketers find marketing using brochures very easy, but it can cause some serious headache for the newbies. There are many fatal errors that the novice business owners commit which affects the success of their promotional campaign adversely. So below are some tips that will help you to create a professional brochure design:
- Research: Create a collection of brochures that are published in your locality and try to study each one of them. Categorize the ones that are most attractive and use the positive points in these brochures when designing your own brochure.
- Audience: Decide on your target audience. Which class or age group of people you are looking to reach out to. Select a professional font which will appear good and can be read with ease. Do not use more than two font styles – one for the body, another for the headings will work fine. You can increase the font size according to the degree of importance. Also bar yourself from the use of underlines and strikethroughs as they make it hard to read through the lines.
- Purpose Oriented: Decide on the main purpose of the promotional brochure. This will help you select the specific information and arranging it neatly. Arrange the information according to the degree of importance. Make a rough draft of all the elements and then move them according to the needs.
- Empty Spaces: Use the empty spaces to create a relationship between the contents and the page. Some specific information may be brought into focus by adjusting the space around the text. If there is over use of empty spaces it will affect the over all tone of the page. A word may seem cluttered when there is extra space left without purpose.
- Other Elements: Borders, bars and boxes are effective in diverting attention to the busy areas and when overdone it can make the brochure look cluttered and even confusing. Use of other alternatives for grouping and separating information is recommended.
- Simplicity: Always strive to keep the brochure design simple. Use only a handful of features to get the message through. If you want to include graphic elements in your brochure make sure they help to direct the readers attention.
Another important consideration for the final outcome of the brochure printing project is the choice of the printing service provider. You should always opt for a printing agency having years of experience in printing various types of promotional materials such as PrintPapa. The company specializes in printing various types of printed materials such as business cards, booklets, calendars, rack cards, NCR Forms, etc.