Even in the age of Internet today, there are many companies who still prefer to use brochure for their business. And why not? Nothing can really replace the impact of a company brochure on a prospective client. Continue reading
Large organizations changing their logo designs have become a common occurrence. Most of the companies change their logos after every five years or so. Last year two popular companies decided to change their logos. Logo change of Gap and Starbucks made headlines. While the new logo of Starbucks was well received by their fans, Gap attracted quite a lot of criticism. Thus modifying a corporate logo requires a lot of deliberation. The corporate logo is not only displayed in the product packages they are also essential to elucidate what the company is all about without speaking a single word. Though some companies seem to be in frenzy about changing their corporate logos (at times even thrice in as many years) but too much change can distract the loyal customer base. Changing the logo once every five years is an inevitable fact for businesses.
But what are the reasons for logo change and how it can help the businesses? Let us find out:
- Growth: With every passing year businesses will invariably grow and have higher profits. There are many ways in which a company grows. Some companies opt to merge with other big names in the industry to create a stronger brand entity. While some other companies grow by acquiring other smaller companies to add more value to its current business. Some companies might grow independently without taking recourse to the above mentioned steps. Whatever be the situation, the company has to change their logo to signify the change or growth.
- New Values and Practices: Sometimes the logo change might not be due to the financial prosperity. Logo design change may also be triggered by change of vision and mission. Logo change often brings out the true business objectives and helps in brand positioning. While some companies go for an entirely new logo to signify their change other companies try to make some required changes.
- New Services, Products or Technologies: Companies always look to expand their list of services or products. You can make the customers aware of the latest changes in the company with logo change. Though updating the logo each time you introduce a product or service is not a wise idea, but if some of the products or services have been popular among the users then the same can be used in the logo design.
- Bad Press: Many times companies make enormous mistakes that cause their disrepute. You have to take quick steps in such instances before the situation gets out of hand. May be you are harming the environment in some way, you can reboot your brand image by adding a green colored logo which will say that the company will take environment friendly measures in the future.
So changing corporate logo is important in many ways for the corporate houses. A company goes through many changes in five years and thus it is a fitting time to think about the logo change. Reputed printing service providers such as PrintPapa can help you create a catchy logo and then use the new logo in all your promotional materials. You can promote your company effectively with the new logo and various promotional materials available at PrintPapa such as Brochures, Envelopes, Business cards, Banners, Bookmarks, etc.
As printing services have become essential marketing aids for the businesses, thus they are found in every locality. But there is a general misconception among the business owners that only the big names can yield them good results while the local printing services are made for frauds. This is not the truth. There might be some printing agencies in your locality which might deliver the same results as big named companies. When you measure the pros and cons of getting printing locally, the pros definitely outnumber the cons. There are two choices while making a selection of local printers. You can either opt for the physical printing services or search through the Internet to find best online printing services in your locality. Physical printers may be an attractive proposition for some as you will not have to wait on the printers schedule but it is a bit high costing if the number of documents to be printed is not low. Online printing services on the otherhand can provide full color prints of large volumes at cost effective rates. There are various paper size options available with the online printing service providers. Moreover, the online printers are specialized in printing of various types of promotional materials such as letterheads, brochures, posters, business cards, etc.
One of the basic issues surrounding the choice of local printers is that customers often feel they can get better deals online. Thus they look to reduce the printing costs by visiting a reputed online store offering a fair deal. But the reduced cost for online printers depends on the company you choose. If hard to believe prices are offered by a store, then you may be losing out on quality of the end product. As the local printers are based in your locality they will not provide you inferior quality prints. If you are not satisfied with their services you will not recommend them to anyone else and this might hamper their business growth. So the local printers are more careful about the services they offer to their customers. There are many other advantages of using the services of the local printers such as:
- When the printers are placed in locality, you can visit the print press anytime you want to and check the proof and adjust the colors for your promotional materials. This saves you from the hassles of traveling or having to wait for extended periods to check your proof.
- You can sit with the professionals employed at the local printers and plan the layout and design face to face.
- You can check the quality of paper and make sure that it meets your expectations. Paper is an important aspect in getting flawless prints.
Though many online printing service providers will provide you significant discounts, but those will affect the quality of the prints. Though you might have to spend some extra bucks for getting local printing services but that will help your printing promotions significantly, as a print promotion solely depends on the quality of the paper and prints. You will not have to wait for the prints to arrive. When you take up the services of big named printing service provider there are chances that your work will be in the queue and thus will take some time to be delivered. In terms of the local printers you can expect personalized handling of your orders. If you are looking for a local printer in Santa Clara, California then PrintPapa is the best option you can opt for. They have wide experience in printing promotional materials such as envelopes, doorhanger, poster, rackcards, greeting cards, etc.
When you are self publishing book there comes a moment of truth for which you have been waiting both as an author and publisher. You get the printed proof delivered. Before this, all your creative work has existed in word documents, in the layouts and typography. It is the first time that you see and hold your work in hand. Many authors are carried away by the situation and rightly so! Most first time self publishing authors are excited along with frightened. But do not give the go ahead to the printing service provider just yet. You have to proof read the book before it goes for printing. Checking proof for the book ensures that the book is correctly printed. Make sure all the misalignment, weird spacing, wrong fonts and typographical errors are carefully removed. Not only the newbie, many experienced self publishing authors are still bugged by the problems regarding proof checking. You should check the proof like your job depends upon it. And indeed that is the truth; no reader likes to see silly mistakes in a book!
How to check the proof of your book effectively? Let’s have a look at the 3 step process to simplify your proofing tasks:
Step 1: Reading the Book
Give a detailed read through the entire book. While reading through the book mark the typographical errors or other inconsistencies present in the book. While going through the book you should be aware of the following:
- Are the fonts used consistently through the book?
- Whether the quotation marks are curled and they are not inch straight?
- Whether the hyphens are properly mentioned? Hyphens can change the meaning of a word.
- Is the line spacing between the paragraphs consistent?
- Are some lines looser while others tighter? Also check whether there are forced line breaks.
You may also ask someone else to read through the book, who hasn’t seen the work before. Independent observers can often uncover many flaws that might have gone unnoticed.
Step 2: Looks of the Book
Forget about the text now and concentrate solely on how the book looks. You should be looking for the below provided list of things in your book:
- Windows/Orphans: Get rid of the single lines at the bottom of top of a page.
- Running heads should be consistent and have proper information. The headlines mainly include the chapter and part titles. Often these are the most overlooked parts of the book.
- Check whether all the chapter openers start from the same place on the page. Also check whether all the elements in the page are similar.
- Make sure that the pagination is properly done. All the odd numbered pages are on the right side.
- Page references should also be checked for.
- Paragraph indents should always be consistent whatever be the style used.
To check the alignment of the pages you should hold the book in one hand and flip the pages quickly using the finger. This will bring to your notice whether there are any misalignment or not.
Step 3: Checking the Cover
It is often the front and back cover of a book that determines the sales of a book. So below are some steps to proof the cover of your book:
- Are the color and design elements in the cover just as you had planned?
- Is the book’s title clearly visible?
- Are the words typed on the spine of the book straight and clear?
- None of the important information should be close to the trimmed edges.
- Make sure the ISBN or bar code in the back cover of the book matches with the information in the copyright page.
- Check whether the category and price included in the book are correct?
- Proof read the content on the back cover of the book too.
With the help of the above given steps you can check proof of your book effectively and make the changes that will make self published book look more professional. If you have any further troubles you can contact a reputed printing agency such as PrintPapa. They have a wealth of experience in printing various types of promotional materials such as Brochures, Booklets, Calendars, Presentation Folders, Business Cards, etc.
Success of your marketing campaigns is often determined by the quality of promotional materials. Promotional materials possess huge potential. Some marketers would say using the promotional materials in a wrong way is worse then not using them at all! The planning, designing and output of promotional materials often decides how your business will grow. This is the reason companies whether small or big give a lot of stress on these promotional materials. One of the favorite types of promotional materials which the companies are using vastly is brochures. With the help of a well designed brochure
you can tell many things about your business and products. The brochures provide enough space to the marketers to clear the doubts regarding the company and its products or services. When done properly brochures can prove to be the best promotional materials. While the experienced marketers find marketing using brochures very easy, but it can cause some serious headache for the newbies. There are many fatal errors that the novice business owners commit which affects the success of their promotional campaign adversely. So below are some tips that will help you to create a professional brochure design:
- Research: Create a collection of brochures that are published in your locality and try to study each one of them. Categorize the ones that are most attractive and use the positive points in these brochures when designing your own brochure.
- Audience: Decide on your target audience. Which class or age group of people you are looking to reach out to. Select a professional font which will appear good and can be read with ease. Do not use more than two font styles – one for the body, another for the headings will work fine. You can increase the font size according to the degree of importance. Also bar yourself from the use of underlines and strikethroughs as they make it hard to read through the lines.
- Purpose Oriented: Decide on the main purpose of the promotional brochure. This will help you select the specific information and arranging it neatly. Arrange the information according to the degree of importance. Make a rough draft of all the elements and then move them according to the needs.
- Empty Spaces: Use the empty spaces to create a relationship between the contents and the page. Some specific information may be brought into focus by adjusting the space around the text. If there is over use of empty spaces it will affect the over all tone of the page. A word may seem cluttered when there is extra space left without purpose.
- Other Elements: Borders, bars and boxes are effective in diverting attention to the busy areas and when overdone it can make the brochure look cluttered and even confusing. Use of other alternatives for grouping and separating information is recommended.
- Simplicity: Always strive to keep the brochure design simple. Use only a handful of features to get the message through. If you want to include graphic elements in your brochure make sure they help to direct the readers attention.
Another important consideration for the final outcome of the brochure printing project is the choice of the printing service provider. You should always opt for a printing agency having years of experience in printing various types of promotional materials such as PrintPapa. The company specializes in printing various types of printed materials such as business cards, booklets, calendars, rack cards, NCR Forms, etc.
In the yesteryear self publishing was a critical task, but got no respect. Today the scenario has changed significantly with many self published books becoming famous as bestsellers. Authors are also realizing the benefits of self publishing their books. By self publishing their books the authors become masters of all they survey, they have authority in all the aspects of their books. While the experienced self publishers find the task very simple, for the novices it is quite a challenge. They are unaware of the dos and don’t s of the industry and stand a chance of losing money. In this respect there are certain guidelines that the novice self publishers have to adhere by. Lets have a look at some of them:
- Education: Self publishing is a type of business, so approach self publishing in the similar vein. There are informative books and e-books on self publishing. There are also seminars organized where you can learn the tricks of the trade alongside many other professionals. Such knowledge can prove beneficial in the long run while ignorance can lead to loss of thousands of dollars.
- Competition: It is very important to study the competition. Do not write on something that has already been written about exhaustively. Be sure that the topic you are dealing with has not been written by any other in the present times. To get an idea about this visit to the local library or bookstore is not enough. You should search online and find out the latest releases and the forthcoming ones. Try to make the book funnier, richer in content, shorter and easier to use then your competitors.
- Read Minds: You have to anticipate what others want to read. If you want to write upon personal likes and dislikes, then there are high chances that your books will not sell. One of the cruel facts is that nobody in the present times cares about your life history or what you feel about a certain subject. Personal journals should be saved for friends and family and not catered to the general public.
- Marketing: Even before you visit a printing service provider you should have a marketing plan ready. Identify the target audience and know how you can reach out to them. Get ideas such as how to create a catalog to reach out to the people? Which associations will be the best places to preach about your book? Which magazines or newsletters can you advertise in? Should you sell the book to the companies or should you gift it to entice more readers? Think of the best ways to reach out to the target readers.
- Editing: The proofreading and editing should be done by a professional. It is great to have a third party opinion about how your book fares. Professional editing makes sure that there isn’t a single blotch in the book.
- Title: Think of an attractive title for the book. Remember a good title can lead to the success of a book while an uninspiring title can lead to the death of a book. Short titles are the best choices, but do not sacrifice clarity. If you are looking to self publish a non-fiction book be sure to include a sub-title just to make the subject of the book evident.
These are some of the top tips that will help you immensely while self publishing a book. You can also consult with a leading printing agency such as PrintPapa who have years of experience in publishing different types of short run books. They also specialize in the printing of various promotional materials such as booklets, brochures, presentation folders, rack cards, business cards, etc.
are not just a office stationary anymore. Smarter business organizations have realized this long back and have turned their envelopes in to a marketing tool. This does not involve any extra cost at the same time has a wide reach. To act as a promotional tool the envelope has to be more than the traditional protective cover for letters and documents. Here are a few things that you can do to add punch to your envelope:
- Do it in Color – Traditionally white has been the favorite when it comes to envelope color. However there are no rules which prohibits from using other colors. You can use some bright shades of color attract the eyes of your recipient. You can also try a few gradients to make it look more attractive.
- Play with the Flap – Although envelopes have a single flap which opens upwards or on the sides you can try a few creative ideas. You can play with the flaps and divide them into two parts. If you plan to deliver the envelope by hand you can also stick a small creative button on the top of the flap to make it look creative.
- Add Shine – Once your envelopes have been printed you should ask your printer to add gloss or other shiny elements to it. This will make your envelope standout among a crowd of envelopes. You need to make sure that your envelope is printed on high quality paper for this purpose.
- Use Texture – One good idea to add punch to your custom envelope would be to have a texture paper. This isn’t used very often other than in the case of greeting cards. This will act as a huge attraction to the recipients and immediately impress them.
- Images/Graphics is Must – You can ensure that your envelope packs punch by printing images and graphics on the top and the back of the envelope. This is the idea in case you want to promote some of your products through the envelope.
A good envelope will always be the result of good printing. You need to make sure that your envelope is printed from a professional printer like PrintPapa. They have expertise in handling such jobs and have delivered high quality printed results to their clients. They are experts in printing brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, greeting cards, calendars etc. They offer the best cost to quality ratio and over the years have built a list of happy and satisfied clients.
Notepads can become more than just boring old writing material. They have come a long way from being plain paper meant to take notes. Corporate stationary items are no longer a stationary item in the office but have become a promotional tool. Company logo, brand name and contact details are finding their place on the notepad which promotes them.
Gone are those days when business houses would purchase notepads in bulk as a stationary. More and more businesses are realizing this fact and taking notepad printing seriously and customizing them to the fullest. This has given rise to the need of creative notepad printing ideas. Some of the awesome notepad ideas are:
- Fill Types: These notepads have some printed details in them and a few blank spaces. The writer just has to fill in the details in the blank spaces to complete the message. These types of notepads can be used to keep stocks in departmental stores, educational institutions, financial institutions etc.
- Magnetic Notepads: These are simple notepads which have a magnet attached at the rear. People stick these notepads on metal surfaces which secures them to the surface. These are very common in factories and workshops where placing a notepad on the ground or over something else is virtually impossible.
- Checklist Type: In this check boxes are printed for people to fill in their details. You can fill in your own items into the checklist and fill them accordingly. These types of notepads are commonly used in vehicle service centers and other service industry where customer feedback is very important for the betterment of service.
- Creatively Shaped: Many business houses are playing with the shape of their custom printed notepads. They are shaped semi circular and oval depending on the needs. In case of special business promotion they are heart shaped or shaped to promote a particular product of the business house.
- Entertainment Type: If you are planning to promote your business in a colorful manner you can use funny graphics in your notepad. You can also use colored pages for your notepad. A watermark is a good idea in such types of notepads.
To get the best quality notepads you need to hire the services of a professional printer. PrintPapa would be a great choice for the experience that they have in handling such creative jobs. They have the latest printing equipments with them. Apart from notepads they also print brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, greeting cards, calendars etc. They have earned a good reputation from their clients having delivered high quality work on time. Their biggest testimony is the satisfied clientele that they have developed over the years.
If you are a babysitter and want to promote yourself, a business card
is the best way to do so. Not only is it one of the cheapest medium to promote yourself but it will also set you apart from competition. This will make you a professional babysitter rather than those teens who do it to earn a few extra bucks. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind while designing your babysitter business card:
- Write your name in bold as that should be the highlight of your business card. Make sure you use your full name in it.
- Use a nice quote on kids in your card. This will surely go a long way to impress your clients.
- Your card needs to be welcoming so make sure it has graphics of kids along with a few toys in it. This will bring in a very professional look to your job.
- List any special qualifications or certifications you might have which might relate to the babysitting job. It could be a first aid certification program that you might have done in the past.
- Experience is the key in babysitting job and you should highlight the experience that you might have in the field. Most parents look for experienced babysitters instead of novices.
- You need to give your complete address along with your contact numbers at the back of the card. This will make your card look authentic.
- References are one of the best things that you can have in your business card. So if you can get something from your neighborhood or your ex-employer to recommend you, this will make your card look authentic.
- Print your business card in full color. It will be a good idea to print the card in bright color as it looks welcoming.
- Print your cards out on business stock paper, which is sturdier than regular printing paper.
A good babysitting business card will remain a dream without high quality printing. You will need the services of a professional printing service provider. PrintPapa will be the right choice for your printing needs. They have expertise in handling all types of printing jobs and have been regularly catering to their customers needs by printing CD/DVD covers, booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, and calendars. If you are looking for high quality printed job at competitive price PrintPapa is the perfect destination for you.
Flyers have become a preferred way of promoting a business these days. Many small and big companies are opting for this promotional tool as it is cheap and effective at the same time. It also serves as a tool for bulk promotion and has become the preferred choice for many. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind while promoting your flyer:
- Use Optimum Content – A flyer gives you ample writing space so make use of it judiciously. Do not overstuff it with content as your recipients won’t be interested in going through the entire thing. Try writing a few good quotes or slogans which should be able to grab the attention of the readers at one go.
- Image Is Key – Picture speaks a thousand words and it is important that you use pictures in your flyer. Be very choosy about the images you use in your flyer as most of the people will make a meaning out of your flyer by just looking at the images. You can also use attractive graphics and sketches in your flyer to make it look attractive.
- Name and Logo – Your brand name and logo should find a prominent place in your flyer. The ultimate idea of your flyer is not just to run a temporary campaign but to establish your brand in front of the masses.
- Use Templates – One of the best ways to design a good flyer is to use a template. These templates are easily available on the Internet and can be downloaded quickly. They are preset with all the margins and borders. All that you need to do is to fill in the content and insert the images.
- Print Full Color – Make sure that your flyer is printed in full color to attract readers. This will make sure that your flyer will become an attraction and drag the recipient towards it.
- Print High Quality – It is very important that you get your flyer printed from a high quality printer in full color and on good quality paper. All your hard work can go wasted if your flyer is printed on poor quality paper and from an ordinary printing service provider.
You must make sure that you go to a high end printing agency to get a good flyer printed. You can hire the services of a printer like PrintPapa for this. They have expertise in printing all kinds of domestic and corporate items like booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, door hangers etc. They have built a list of satisfied clients by providing high quality work on time.