Greeting cards have more than what meets the eye! Why? Well, you never would have guessed they could be used as a direct marketing collateral would you? But the truth is, in the age of innovation and ingenious marketing strategies, greeting cards too can be used as invaluable marketing weapons to edge out rivals in the industry.
Greeting cards have generally had the reputation of being the bearer of good wishes or greetings (as the name itself implies) for the recipients. This feature, till date, has been considered a drawback for those interested in using them as a marketing collateral. Today, it is considered one of the primary reasons for using them as marketing material. Greeting cards, being personal and having a greater potential of establishing contact with the target consumer base, have emerged as the choice of marketing weaponry in the contemporary scenario.
Greeting cards can also be used for retaining customer loyalty and interest in the brand. So, what are the other advantages of using greeting cards for marketing purposes? Read on to know more.
- Affordable – Greeting cards are much more easier to develop and print than other business marketing collateral such as newsletters and press releases. With simple, suave yet appealing designs, one can easily mold the greeting cards into concrete marketing tools without having to invest a fortune.
- Loyalty – Build customer loyalty and trust in the brand through a constant correspondence via greeting cards. Since they can be sent any time of the year and without any specific occasion, they are a great way to reach out to consumers and hold on to them. Greeting cards not only build a better brand image but also help improve consumer retention statistics for the company.
- Personal Touch – Greeting cards can be a great way to personalize your marketing message for each individual customer. This may be done in spite of using a huge mailing list with generic messages such as Christmas greetings or the Halloween extravaganza. Personalized marketing messages tend to get more results than conventional marketing tools.
- Referral – Publishing the name of past clients or references on the back of a greeting card is a great marketing strategy. This helps to build trust in the service provider or the enterprise, and also helps to present your portfolio to attract potential customers.
- As a Mode to Showcase Gratitude – Your greeting card marketing campaign is good to go with many offers and discount options that will tie in potential customers. But it need not have an offer all the same. A small gesture of ‘thank you’ or ‘welcome to the team’ can boost the morale of the client as well as help improve the chances of a long-standing professional relationship with them.
Greeting cards can be a joy to behold forever – both for the recipient as well as the enterprise that uses it in its marketing campaign! The latter, more so, because of the great financial and publicity advantages it provides to the marketer.