Carbon copy has been one of the oldest and most popular methods of making multiple copies of the same written or typed document. Various industries use NCR forms for invoices, inventory sheets, accounting, billing, records, purchasing orders, delivery slips etc. These days however NCR Forms have taken their place. NCR or No Carbon Required forms have become the mainstay of the industry due to their benefits over the traditional carbon paper.
Each sheet is treated with a pressure-sensitive chemical which can leave impressions by handwriting with a ball point pen or by a dot matrix printer. Back of the topmost sheet is coated micro-encapsulated dye and the top of the lower sheets is coated with clay on the top. This same combination of chemicals on the top and bottom of a page is repeated for as many required numbers. Here are a few benefits of NCR forms:
- NCR forms do not use dry ink like the traditional carbon paper and hence does not leave behind stains on the duplicate copy of the document.
- NCR forms can be used to make more copies than normal carbon paper which tend to create lighter impression if the number of copies is too high.
- Unlike in carbon copies there is no requirement to attach a separate between papers while using NCR forms. They are ready to use right from the time they come printed.
- NCR forms are more environment friendly when compared to carbon paper which results in lot of wastes.
- NCR forms printed with professional printer are arranged well and do not lead to overlapping while writing which is common with carbon copies.
- They are a cost effective way of making duplicates and triplicates compared to carbon paper in the long run.
- NCR forms create a very accurate and pinpoint writing in all the pages as the micro-capsules which spill to break and spill the dye are very small.
Not all printers can print proper NCR forms and assemble them and you should only consult a professional printing services provider for your purpose. PrintPapa will be the right choice for you as they have been printing NCR forms regularly for clients. Besides NCR forms they also have their expertise in printing CD/DVD covers, booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, and calendars. They have always supplied high quality job regularly to clients on time which has resulted in satisfied clients.
Self-publishing is the publication of a book by the author. Don’t be scared it doesn’t require you to set up a printing press to publish your book! It is just a process where you don’t take your manuscripts to a third-party publisher but instead to a printer and get the job done at your own expense. There is lot of buzz around self publishing these days as authors are not fully dependent on publishers for approving and printing their books.
The advent of technology and publishing tools such as MS Office, Corel Draw, Pagemager, Photoshop etc has empowered every author to wear multiple hats like the designer and typesetter of the book. This relieves the author of depending on the third party publisher and the creative freedom all author strive for. There are a lot of advantages of self publishing. Some of them are:
• You are the boss! You get make all the decisions regarding the book and don’t have the editors removing parts of the book or executives suggesting changes to make the book more commercial.
• A publisher pays you only a small percentage of the profits unless you are a big name who can negotiate terms. With self publishing you get to keep the entire profit for yourself.
• In self publishing you get to retain the right of the book and set the market price for it. If the book becomes a bestseller you can strike a lucrative deal with the publisher.
• You can edit your book for the second edition if you feel necessary following the feedback of your first. A publisher may not allow you to edit the content of your book.
• You can reproduce the entire book or parts of it somewhere else in case you want which is not possible with a publisher who will keep rights of your book.
• You do not need to attend promotional events and keep on hopping from city to city at your publisher’s wish to reap maximum commercial benefits from your book.
• You are not bound by any long term contracts which don’t allow you to look for greener pastures.
All you need to self publish your book is a good and professional printer. This is where a printing service provider like Print Papa can be of great help to you. They are a professionally managed company which uses the latest technology in printing. They have been regularly offering high quality jobs to their clients at competitive prices. They have built expertise in printing calenders, catalogs, labels, NCR forms and rack cards.
PrintPapa Offers Short Run Soft Cover Perfect Binded Book Printing for your book. These books are printed proffesionally and can be sold at a book store. We offer 3 standard sizes, but if you need a custom size, just request for a custom quote. You can order as low as 5 books at a time. So next time when you are ready to write a book, you know where to go for publishing it.
NCR forms are used in so many important places nowadays that they have become an important item in every printer’s list. In the past there used to carbon papers, but they made the copies messy, at times wasteful and time consuming too. But with the development of carbonless NCR forms there are so many easy options at your fingertips today. Making multiple copies is now just matter of a few seconds.
Actually the NCR forms are chemically treated paper which can transfer the writings or typed impressions from the page on top to the consequent pages without any hassles at all. Such multiple copy forms are used for many purposes such as statements, invoices, contracts, purchase orders, receipts and other business uses. Here are some NCR forms printing options that you may use for the benefit of your business.
- Number of Parts: Printers usually perform NCR form printing from 2 to 6 parts. But the most popular NCR forms are found in 2 to 4 parts. The number of parts is basically determined by your business requirements. You have to decide on the number of copies that will best suit your operations. Whether you require copies for the accounting team, sales team and one for the customers or there are other copies required. But in most cases the 3 part NCR form does the job.
- Ink Types: The single color ink printing jobs cost little as compared to the use of many colors. There are so many companies that want to make the top copy (that is given away to the customers) impressive with the use multiple colors. Most of the companies use multiple colors on the top most page along with some designs while the rest which are more of business department copies are kept in their simplest forms. You could also go for double sided printing with these forms, where on the back side there will be instructions for the customers.
- Binding: You can either opt for loose NCR forms or may order them to be bound together. NCR forms can be bound on the edges as this keeps the forms together and yet they can be dispensed off one at a time easily. There is also the booklet styled option available. Booklet NCR forms have their own benefits. They allow you to keep the numbered copies together as they have a cover wrap that can be inserted between the forms. Booklet forms are great for use in case of invoices, receipts, sales orders, etc.
- Numbering on the Forms: Numbers are a very important aspect of NCR form printing. The numbers should be in sequence so that they can be used for verification later.
These steps will surely help you while deciding to print NCR forms. It is important that you choose a printing service provider that can offer you not only high quality prints but also deliver you the ordered items in quick time. Print Papa is one such company that has delivered satisfactory results to all their clients. They offer printing services for various types of promotional material such as booklets, bookmarks, banners, notepads, etc.