Success of your marketing campaigns is often determined by the quality of promotional materials. Promotional materials possess huge potential. Some marketers would say using the promotional materials in a wrong way is worse then not using them at all! The planning, designing and output of promotional materials often decides how your business will grow. This is the reason companies whether small or big give a lot of stress on these promotional materials. One of the favorite types of promotional materials which the companies are using vastly is brochures. With the help of a well designed brochure
you can tell many things about your business and products. The brochures provide enough space to the marketers to clear the doubts regarding the company and its products or services. When done properly brochures can prove to be the best promotional materials. While the experienced marketers find marketing using brochures very easy, but it can cause some serious headache for the newbies. There are many fatal errors that the novice business owners commit which affects the success of their promotional campaign adversely. So below are some tips that will help you to create a professional brochure design:
- Research: Create a collection of brochures that are published in your locality and try to study each one of them. Categorize the ones that are most attractive and use the positive points in these brochures when designing your own brochure.
- Audience: Decide on your target audience. Which class or age group of people you are looking to reach out to. Select a professional font which will appear good and can be read with ease. Do not use more than two font styles – one for the body, another for the headings will work fine. You can increase the font size according to the degree of importance. Also bar yourself from the use of underlines and strikethroughs as they make it hard to read through the lines.
- Purpose Oriented: Decide on the main purpose of the promotional brochure. This will help you select the specific information and arranging it neatly. Arrange the information according to the degree of importance. Make a rough draft of all the elements and then move them according to the needs.
- Empty Spaces: Use the empty spaces to create a relationship between the contents and the page. Some specific information may be brought into focus by adjusting the space around the text. If there is over use of empty spaces it will affect the over all tone of the page. A word may seem cluttered when there is extra space left without purpose.
- Other Elements: Borders, bars and boxes are effective in diverting attention to the busy areas and when overdone it can make the brochure look cluttered and even confusing. Use of other alternatives for grouping and separating information is recommended.
- Simplicity: Always strive to keep the brochure design simple. Use only a handful of features to get the message through. If you want to include graphic elements in your brochure make sure they help to direct the readers attention.
Another important consideration for the final outcome of the brochure printing project is the choice of the printing service provider. You should always opt for a printing agency having years of experience in printing various types of promotional materials such as PrintPapa. The company specializes in printing various types of printed materials such as business cards, booklets, calendars, rack cards, NCR Forms, etc.