Direct mail has always been one of the most effective and result-oriented marketing campaigns since the inception of ingenuous online marketing. Being personalized and cost-effective, direct mail or sales letters can be a great way to let people in on your ideas or information about your products/services without investing a fortune in the marketing campaign.
With the advent of the internet as a medium, using a global direct mail marketing campaign can be very cost- effective. You gain sales leads – and that too within a cheap investment, thus, giving you a great ROI.
But to achieve all this, you need to have a perfect sales letter or direct mail as the promotional weapon. Here are some tips to help possess a better chance in eliciting positive responses from the target consumer group with a direct mail marketing campaign:
• Get a Great Subject Line – The subject line is what at times helps the consumer differentiate between spam mail and an actual mail offering real benefits to the consumer. A great subject line that hooks the consumer onto the letter through clever usage of words, benefits, offers or USP of the company itself.
• Highlight the USP of Your Company/Product – The USP of the company or the product is important as well. Unless you highlight the USP of the product or the service you offer, no consumer would gather the interest in reading your sales letter.
• Make it Personal – Personalize as much as possible. Remember that unlike other arms of an online marketing campaign, direct mail can be as personal as possible. Therefore, personalize the mail as much as is feasible without blocking out niche consumer groups, and you will have a winning solution at hand.
• Measurable ROI or Profits – Make sure you showcase the actual amount of profits or ROI that would come the way of the consumers if they fell for your service or product. Without a concrete chart to measure the profits, trust will not be easy to attain for the service provider.
• Short and Crisp – Keep the direct mail short and crisp. Only facts are to be entertained and glory tales about your company or any other irrelevant information should be chopped off at any cost. This is because most people only skim through newsletters or direct mail. Hence, highlight the important features in the sales letter and crop out the rest.
• Test – Test your direct mail on a known group of people (employees of your company for an instance) and judge the effectiveness of the direct mail with the same. Make note of suggestions, implement the necessary changes and then draft a final direct mail. This will make it much more effective than what was available beforehand.
• Special Offers – People love the word FREE and make sure you display it in large if you have such special offers and discounts available. Any offers, coupons etc should be emphasized upon – and make such offers believable. True or real-sounding offers ring a bell among the target consumers rather than false but tall claims of freebies.
The fact that the direct mail is a cheap but highly incisive marketing tool makes it all the more important to have a proper and professional direct mail marketing strategy. Once you follow the tips provided above, and can make the sales letter or online direct mail look appealing enough, generating leads and a constant improvement in sales will become a reality.
And that too with an absolute immediate effect!