The digital age has made sure that most of us click hundreds of pictures all year round. But when it comes to choosing the best shots for the photobook we are in a fix as to which ones would make the best photobook. It is always good to have problem of plenty as it will allow you to choose the best out of your pictures.
First and foremost you don’t need to be a professional photographer to choose the best photos for your photobook. All you need is some aesthetic sense and you will create the best of photobooks. Here are a few tips which will help you choose the best photos for photobooks:
- Subject: “Picture speaks a thousand words” and the photograph you select for your photobook should do the same. Make sure that the picture you select has a proper subject which has been emphasized in the picture. Your subject could be a person, object or simply a wide angle scenic lake.
- Composition And Size: Well composed photos have everything in detail. The background, foreground and the subject will speak volumes for itself. The size of the picture will also determine its quality as some pictures look good in long shot while others fare better as close-ups.
- Focus: It is one of the key considerations when it comes to choosing a picture. You can easily make out what a poorly focused shot is as it will have no center of attraction. Don’t get confused between a poorly focused shot and a defocused shot as the latter is done on purpose.
- Lighting and Exposure: Photography is all about playing with lighting. Make sure that the subject in your picture is lighted aptly. Overexposed or underexposed picture will make your photobook look dull. These days image editing applications allow you to increase and decrease the exposure of your images. You need to strike a balance between contrast and brightness in your pictures.
- Color: It is always ideal to choose bright colored pictures for your photobook as they arouse emotions however it is no sacred rule. If you are scanning old pictures for your photobook make sure the digitized images do not lose color as it is a common occurrence. Use color correction application to deal with problem of this nature.
Once you have designed your photobook you will need the services of a professional printing agency such as Print Papa to give you a quality end result. Print Papa is a renowned printing service provider and specializes in various types of photo products such as photo calendars, photo posters, greetings cards, etc.