When you are looking to publish a book there is need to provide relevant and high resolution images either for beautifying the self published book or for elucidating the writing. All parts of the book have to be effectively created to market the book effectively. This is the reason self publishing authors have to scan images and insert them in the desired pages of the book. With the use of the screen algorithms half tone images are produced for use in the printed materials. The images might be in black and white or color depending on the output quality of the printer. A binary process is followed in a printing agency and they use the ink toner. None of the renowned printing service providers use the “fire engine” red toner or ink. These printers use the proper density of magenta, yellow, cyan or black to produce “fire engine red”. When you scan an image from any of the sources (magazine, book or even newspaper) it will be scanned in dots producing moire patterns. With the use of the below given tips you will be able to scan the images properly and achieve the best results:
- Best results can be attained if you are able to correct the moire during scanning of the image. Scanner can be considered to be a type of high resolution camera which will capture the dots as is present in the picture, if it isn’t programed otherwise. The modern scanners are also equipped with built in software that has the capability to reduce or eliminate the moire. If the moire is interfering with the subject of an image, you should eliminate the moire.
- Many people think that scanned images can be modified effectively using the image editing software. Yes they can be modified but it will not yield good results and the colors might get mottled and sharpness of the image may be reduced. Such problems can be avoided by modifying the images when they are scanned.
- After you have scanned the image open the file in a image editing program. Use the adjustment options available in the program and adjust the image until you attain the best results in the preview window. With the help of this option you can adjust the “speck” as well as even out the light and dark areas in the image.
- You can get rid of the moire effect in the images by sacrificing just a fraction of sharpness. You can make the adjustment by increasing the mottle of colors slightly.
- Now the scanned image is ready to be given some final touches before sending them to the printer.
High quality scanned images can enhance the beauty as well as relevancy of any book. Make sure you send all the images in the standard format followed by the printers. To get the best output with your images you will have to select the services of a renowned local printer such as PrintPapa. They not only specialize in the publication of Short Run books, but also deal with other promotional materials such as Calendars, Letterheads, Flyers, Brochures, Notepads, etc.