Many authors are choosing to self publish these days. It not only gives you the entire profit but also lets you have the full creative control of your book. The myth that self publishing is a very expensive process has been broken. The cost of self publishing however still remains a concern to many. Let us see what are the factors which affect self publishing:
- Editing: You might have written your book with utmost care but it is advisable to get it edited from a professional. This will filter the content of your book and make it better. Professional editors can charge you on per word basis or a lump sum for the entire book. Rates vary from $0.01 to $0.02 per word.
- Proof Reading: Even after the book have gone under the eyes of a editor you need go for a proof reading. This will remove any silly mistakes that you or the editor might have committed. This process can cost you anything between $200 to $500.
- Formatting/Cover Design: A good book needs to be well formatted to make it look attractive. It also needs to have a good cover design to attract the attention of the readers. This can cost you between $150 to $500 depending on the designer you hire.
- Printing: This is the most crucial process for a self published book. The cost here will vary depending on the number of copies, pages in the book, paper quality and the kind of printing opted for. The average cost of printing a book varies from $2 to $20.
- ISBN: Getting an ISBN is very important if you are planning to sell your book through sites like Amazon. ISBN also brings in international recognition for your book. You can but an ISBN for $40 – $125 depending on the country you reside in.
- Bar Code: A bar code might be required if you plan to sell your book in some shops. You will get a bar code for $20 to $25
Whatever may be the cost do not compromise on the printing of your book. Remember what looks impressive can sell more It is thus important for you to hire the services of a printer like PrintPapa for the job. They are an expert printing service provider who deal in booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, door hangers etc. They are equipped with the latest equipment in the printing world and have regularly delivered high quality work on time to the clients.