Booklet printing has become an integral part of the promotional campaigns of many companies – both small and big. They can offer a lot of benefits to the marketers and thus they are using these promotional materials extensively. But booklet printing can turn out to be a costly affair if the marketers are unaware of a few money and time saving techniques. Though you should never sacrifice professionalism of the booklet for the sake of low prices. Experienced marketers know many secret tips that assures that the booklet printing does not take up the entire marketing budget of a company. In order to make your booklet affective and attractive some tried and trusted methods should be adhered to. Below are some of the ways to achieve this purpose and save some money all at the same time.
- Research from your printer: Hold prior discussions with the printing service provider and know about the standard sizes and weights of paper which are extensively used by them. Standard size and weight usually costs less. If you have taken up the services of an online printing agency then you can save money by printing only 32 pages for the standard booklet format (8-3/8”X10-7/8”) or 64 pages if you want the Digest format (5-3/8”X8-3/8”). If you require even lesser number of pages then print them in increments of 16. This will be the second most cost efficient tip.
- Design the Booklet for the number of pages chosen: The layout with graphics and text should fit your budget and the marketing needs. Whether you need a 16 page booklet in standard or Digest format your design should be able to work within these number of pages.
- Create an Attractive Cover: The cover for the booklet should be full color with glossy finish. Using the black and white or two color booklets makes it look cheap so opt for the colored variety. You may also use a high resolution photograph that will not cost more than some of the other full color graphics.
- Create a thoughtful layout: You can achieve professional look with your booklet without hiring the services of a professional designer by following some simple steps. While designing the booklet do not use more than three or less font styles. Too many types of fonts look sloppy and distract the readers from the message. The design elements used in the booklet should be kept consistent while the layout may be tweaked slightly to avoid monotony. Most eye catching elements used in a booklet should be placed in the right hand corner as this is the location where the eye rests. High quality images and a standard glossy finish should be used in the booklet printing.
With the use of these design techniques you can attain a professional booklet design without costing anything extra. If you still feel you need to hire the services of designer, hire students who have proficiency in designing booklets. They will not only mete out professional designs but cost much less then the professional designers.
Another way to reduce the printing costs is to opt for a professional printing service provider having wide experience in dealing with various types of promotional materials. They will be able to provide cost effective alternatives for the booklet printing project. PrintPapa is one such professional printing agency having wide experience in printing various types of promotional materials such as rack cards, notepads, NCR Forms, brochures, calendars, etc.
Booklets which were considered as a promotional material fit for the educational institutions are finding their worth in the marketing campaigns of many companies, whatever be their size. If you have not designed a booklet before then you will feel that booklet printing is quite a straightforward task. When you get into the act of arranging materials and designing the booklet, new challenges will confront everyday. It is true that booklet printing is quite easy for the experienced booklet printing service providers but for novices there are many mistakes they might commit. These mistakes might prove costly in the long run and may even minimize the impact of your booklet printing campaign. The basic purpose of printing booklets is to inform the readers about the company and its products or services. This is the reason, a designer must provide the right information in the correct order to make a booklet successful. As the booklets generally span between 4 pages and 8 pages it is a challenge to set the layout for booklet. Even a minute mistake may cause huge losses for the company, thus below are some of the biggest mistakes you should look to avoid in your booklet printing campaign.
- Blank Areas: Many of the designers forget that a booklet will span across 4-8 pages. If the designers are not careful the final output could have blank pages somewhere inside your booklet. Such a scenario is more applicable if you look to make any last minute changes. So before sending the documents to the printing agency double or triple check the layout to make sure that the booklet will appear just as you had envisioned it.
- Too Much Information: Many of the company owners make the mistake of turning a booklet into a full book. It should be kept in mind that booklet is intended to provide only some specific information and not information of all sorts. The content in the booklet should influence the reader to come back to the company and learn more about your business. If there are odd number of pages in your booklet, make sure you trim the content on the booklet. It is better to trim the content rather than filling the booklet with excessive information that will not interest the readers.
- Full Color or Black and White?: If you want to draw the attention of the readers, then you should order for the four color booklet printing. Black and white booklets do not have the eye catching potential to make the readers read through. If the four color booklet printing can not be accommodated within your budget, then consider some other types of promotional materials. A neat looking brochure has better marketing potential then a black and white booklet.
- Number of Copies: If you are looking to promote your products through booklets, then you should order for a large number of booklets that will meet your marketing campaign needs. Printing agencies might charge higher rates on re-order, thus it is wise to order for large number of copies upfront. Many printing service providers also offer good discounts on bulk orders, so you will also be able to make use of this lucrative option.
- Proofreading: Having your booklet proofread thoroughly can mean that it will take some extra days before sending the final work to the printing agency, but it is immensely useful in the long run. It will not only allow you a chance to view what the printed booklet will look like, but it will also provide the company owners and designers a chance to bring last minute changes. Taking some extra time will surely make your booklet marketing campaign a success.
Another important consideration in your booklet printing campaign is the choice of the printer. You should always opt for a professional printing service provider such as PrintPapa who have years of experience in providing high quality booklet printing results to their clients. They also have high expertize in printing short run books, posters, banners, rack cards, calendars, notepads, etc.
Booklet is one of the best promotional tools for a product or services company. They are being used widely by companies all across the globe. Large booklets with 32 pages to ones with 8 pages are being widely used in today’s world. Designing a brochure is a challenging task as a lot of important parts need to be designed. Let us look at some of the important parts of a booklet in detail:
- Cover – This has to be the most impressive part of a booklet. This often decides the interest that your booklet will arouse on the recipient. You should always print the booklet in full color to make it look attractive. The cover should give people a brief on what to expect inside the brochure.
- Introductory Content – This is usually the first page of the booklet. It usually includes any forwarding dedications, disclaimers and reminders that is important in reading the color booklet.
- Index – If your booklet has many pages it is good to create an index for it. This is common in booklets that accompany electronic items. List all the contents in the booklet chronologically in the index along with page numbers which make it easy for the readers to go through the booklet.
- Content – Content is the thing that the booklet is printed for. It should be organized logically in the booklet. It is ideal to write the content of the booklet in simple language as this makes it easier for people who read it.
- Credits/Contact – You should include credits and full contact address in the back cover of the booklet. This is important as many of the recipients might want to get in touch with the company distributing the booklet. In case of booklets on a subject due credit should be given to the contributors in the back page.
Always design your booklets after a lot of thought. Make sure that it is printed on quality paper as it will leave a good impression on the minds of your clients. Hire the services of a professional printer like PrintPapa for the job that has expertise in the job. PrintPapa has been catering to the needs of big and small clients over the years and has been famous for high quality jobs delivered on time. Apart from booklets they are experts in printing labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, business cards, CD/DVD covers and calendars.
A funeral service booklet is a common thing which is distributed during the funeral service of a person. This is distributed as a memorial keepsake of the deceased. Funeral service booklets are a valuable addition to the memorial service because they highlight a loved one’s life and attendees really enjoy taking something tangible home in remembrance of the deceased.
The tone of the booklet should not make people mourn over the death of the deceased but should rather celebrate his or her life. It should be used to glorify the life of the person. Creating a funeral booklet can be a very emotional event from some and is best left to some close relatives or friend. Here are a few tips to design a good funeral service booklet:
- Write a good obituary for the deceased. It should include a short biography of the person highlighting his life. Include some interesting facts about the person’s life and his or her major achievements. The obituary should also include the birth and the death date of the deceased.
- The booklet should also contain the funeral order of service which is one of the most important things during the funeral.
- A good funeral service booklet should include all the prayers and hymns that will be sung during the funeral service.
- One of the best things in a funeral service booklet is the inclusion of a poem about the deceased by someone dear to him or her.
- Use a profile picture of the person in the front page of the booklet. Also try including pictures of the deceased
- The funeral service booklet should include the name of the priest, minister or other dignitaries officiating the service.
- It is also good to include the complete address of the cemetery and give directions to avoid confusion for people who would have to reach the cemetery.
- Including the names of family members of the deceased is also good as people attending the funeral will know whom to pay condolence to.
A good funeral services booklet requires good printing and it is important that you hire the services of a printing agency like Print Papa for this. They will ensure that the booklet becomes a true remembrance of the person. They are experts when it comes to printing books, rack cards, letterheads, business cards, brochures, catalogs etc. They are equipped with the latest printing equipments and have a team of well trained employees. One of their USP is that they have regularly delivered high quality work to clients on time.
Book binding is one of the most important stages in a book publishing industry. Book covers play an important role in the success and failure of books. This is quite ironical considering there is a famous saying “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.” A good book cover is a result of good binding. Be it booklet or a standard book no good publisher compromises on the binding. Although there are many types of book binding the most popular among them are perfect binding, saddle stitch binding and spiral binding.
- Perfect Binding: Popularly known as paperback binding, lay flat bid or Euro bind this is the most commonly used type of book binding. In perfect binding a flexible adhesive attaches a paper cover to the spine of the assembled signatures. This type of binding also comes with a spine which can be used to print the spine of the book. Perfect binding can be used for all sizes of books but the most popular are 8.5×11, 8.5×5.5 and 6×9.
- Saddle Stitching Binding: This is usually used for booklet printing or in case of books which contains less number of pages. In saddle stitched booklets pages are held together by staples that run through the gutter. The pages need to be perfectly aligned in case of saddle stitch binding. This kind of binding can be used for books and booklets containing as less as four pages. Two of the most commonly used saddle stitched booklet sizes are 8.5×11 and 8.5×5.5. However many people opt for custom booklet printing.
- Spiral Binding: This type of binding is very popular in the corporate sector for preparing reports, sales presentations, proposals, recipe books and maintenance guides. This is the most flexible of the book binding options available. In this method a plastic or metal coil is inserted and twisted through small holes or slots that run along the spiral edge of the book’s cover and pages. A spiral bound book can be opened 360 degrees, letting in open flat which serves as a huge advantage. Spiral bound books also gives the option of later addition of pages making them favorite with the corporate houses.
For the binding quality to be good there should be no compromise with the printing service provider. You need to hire the services of a professional printing agency like PrintPapa who has built expertise in the job. They are equipped with modern printing equipment and print brochures, business cards, letterheads, rack cards, notepads and many other domestic and corporate documents.
Press conferences are one of the most common affairs in the corporate world. A press kit thus becomes a crucial print item that is extensively used in the business world. Booklet is an important part of a good press kit and it should be printed well. A good press kit carries the impression of the organization and you should not compromise with it at any cost. Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while printing a booklet for a press kit:
- A press booklet should always be a small but detailed printout. It should be comfortably fit into a press kit. It should have complete information about the company that a news person may need.
- The size of the booklet in your press kit also matters and the size of the booklet shouldn’t be too large and it should fit in well inside the booklet.
- Your booklet should contain complete contact details for the news person to make any clarification if they require it.
- Your booklet should have graphics and charts to let people know the performance of your company. It should also have images which promote your business.
- It should be printed on high quality paper as it carries along with it the impression of the organization. There should be no compromise on the quality of the paper.
- Make sure that the image file that you take for printing is of very high resolution. This will ensure that the end product also comes out good.
- Insist your printing agencies to use high quality ink for your booklet. This will ensure that your booklet looks good. You can also use metallic ink for your booklet as this makes it glitter.
- Make sure that the booklet that you are printing is in full color. This will make it look attractive compared to a single color booklet.
- Try a gloss coat on all your booklets as this will bring that element of shine and make your booklet stand out against others.
To print a booklet for your pres kit you will need the services of a good printing service provider. This is where a printer like PrintPapa comes in handy. They have expertise in all kinds of printing and designing services. They use the state of art printing technology for the printing posters, banners, business cards, letterheads, rack cards etc. They have built a list of successful clientèle over the years due to their high quality service.
A book whose cover isn’t attractive may not move off the shelve and similar is the case with a CD which isn’t accompanied by an attractive CD cover and a CD booklet. A software, music or video CD is usually accompanied a CD booklet which carries with it the information on the content carried in the CD. In case of an software CD it might be installation instructions where as for a music and video CD it is usually the name of the artists and lyrics or synopsis of the video.
Designing an attractive CD booklet thus becomes necessary to add to their sales. Most often CDs are accompanied by an 8 page booklet but in special cases CDs are also packed with 24 page booklets. A few things need to be kept in mind while designing an attractive CD Booklet.
- Stress on the Cover – An attractive cover is a must for any booklet as it will often decide if a customer goes on to the next page. Convey the contents in your booklet through the cover. It should carry a very eye catchy image or graphics conveying the theme.
- Make it Colorful – Colorful CD booklets tend to attract eyeballs. Play with color on the front and the back page of the booklet. Try using contrasting colors for the font to ensure that it grabs attention at first look.
- Make Content Attractive – Be it a music, video or software CD booklet it will carry a lot of information in the form or content. This can however be made attractive by including pictures and graphical designs. Lyrics accompanied by pictures and small graphics tend to hold the eyes. In case of softwares a graphical flowchart can prove to be handy.
- Use Brand Name and Logos – The music company or the software company’s logo should find prominence in the CD booklet. The company’s name and the name of the album or the software should also be highlighted in the cover page of the booklet.
- Use Copyright Statement – Print the copyright statement, ISBN Number, location and other legal details on the last page of the booklet.
- Be Careful with the Size – A CD booklet must not be bigger that 120×120 mm in dimension. It should fit in any standard CD jewel case.
PrintPapa is a company that has added value to the print promotions of their clients over the years designing and printing books, posters, booklets and notepads.
A booklet or a catalog is one of the most powerful marketing tools in the hand of a marketeer. A cover often tells the story on what is inside the booklet. Designing an attractive cover for a booklet is important to attract eyeballs towards the booklet. No two booklets are the same and each type of booklet comes with its own unique layout, text, graphics, and other design techniques.
But there is one thing common among all these booklets and i.e. an attractive cover, which often decides whether or not a consumer will open it to read the information inside. There are a few things that need to be kept in mind while designing the cover of a booklet:
Grab immediate attention – Put an engaging image on the front cover of your booklet which portrays the content of the booklet. If you are able to grab this much attention, you have done enough to make a go through your booklet. Also never leave the back page empty as many readers flip the back of a booklet before opening the pages. It is a great idea to fill the back of a booklet with an image and some contact information.
Use test and logo properly – The purpose of a good booklet cover is not just to encourage a person to open it but also to establish the brand of the company. It is very important to give the logo and the name of the company a prominent place on the cover where from they can establish the brand. Place the text on the cover judiciously so that they stand out from the background.
Hire a professional – Working with a professional booklet printing company will help you in increasing the attractiveness of your booklet. A professional printer who has expertise in printing can produce vivid color printing and smooth images that are more eye-catching than if the booklet is printed on an office printer. He will also take care of the binding that your multi-page booklet will require after it has been printed.
PrintPapa is a company that has added value to the print promotions of their clients over the years designing and printing product booklets. Over the years we have also developed expertise in printing books, posters, catalogs and brochures.
Most of the authors who write book have a commercial interest in it. You would always want your book to sell more which brings you money and fame at the same time. If you are not a well known name it isn’t very easy for you to market your book as the market is flooded with authors writing on all possible genres. However acting a little smartly may go a long way in book marketing.
Knowing your target audience is very important for a book promotion. Once you know who your target audience is running a few promotional campaigns among that group is a good option. Such a campaign will hit where it matters the most. Even if such a promotional campaign doesn’t add to sale of the books, it will surely make you more famous as an author among a niche crowd.
Internet is one of the most powerful ways to promote your book and make money. There are thousands of sites which give you a platform to market your book online. The best part about online book marketing is the vast audience it addresses to. Also the fact that online marketing is not bound by geographical boundaries makes it possible for you to market your book to the global audience. The biggest of all pluses that Internet provides is the fact that its promotion comes cost free.
If you are a first time author you might not have the money to spend on a promotional campaign so spreading the news with the word of mouth is the best option. Marketing your book this way might be a time consuming process but it is the most comprehensive as it is usually your readers who promote your book. The authenticity in this kind of marketing is higher than any other.
Timing it to perfection is a very important while marketing your book. Many a times people miss vital opportunities to market a book. Carnivals, festivals and other social gatherings can be good time to promote your books to a larger audience. Marketing your book is all in your own hands so it is only you who can market your book to make money.
PrintPapa is a company that has added value to the print promotions of their clients over the years designing and printing books, posters, booklets and brochures. We undertake all kinds of custom and corporate printing jobs.
Booklets are one of the most effective tools for promotion and marketing. Full color booklets are being widely used these days for promotion of products and services. Setting up a good booklet is very important as a setup often decides the quality of printing. One of the easiest ways to set up a booklet is by using Microsoft Publisher. It is one of the most powerful tools for setting up booklets and other corporate documents such as business cards, brochures, letterheads and calenders.
MS Publisher is one of the most user friendly tools available in the markets which is widely used by both beginners as well as professionals for designing booklets and brochures. It gives the user ample opportunity to play with text, colors, pictures and other graphics. One of the greatest advantages of setting up a booklet or any other document with Publisher is the amount of inbuilt templates that it has. This lets users set up a booklet or a brochure from scratch within a short span of time.
To create a booklet from scratch in MS Publisher all you need to do is open a new document in Publisher. You can choose between Publications by Wizard, Publications by Design or Blank Publications. If you are a beginner Publication by Wizard will be the wisest choice as you are guided in each step. Publications by Design lets you choose from many booklet templates built within. If you however have a completely new idea in your mind and want to work on that Blank Publications is ideal for you.
Be careful about the booklet size before you start setting it up. By default a 8.5×11 booklet will be selected as this is the most widely used size of booklet in the world. However you can set the size to 8.5×5.5 booklet or any custom size that you would like to have. If you choose spiral binded books, be a little careful with the margins as spiral binded books tend to use a lot of space on margins for the bindings. Be careful while selecting the orientation between landscape and portrait.
Now you are ready to test your creativity over your booklet. You can play with text, colors and graphics but remember the golden rule “Don’t overdo anything.” The best of the booklets and brochures are the simplest ones.
PrintPapa is a company that has added value to the print promotions of their clients over the years designing and printing booklets, catalogs and brochures. You can create your booklet in Publisher and then convert to a PDF. See this FAQ. Also see this demo in action at Microsoft Website. Also here is good link to setup Booklets in Publisher.