A bookmark may seem to be one of of the smallest and easiest things to design but that is far from true. Designing a bookmark can be the most challenging things to do. The challenge arises due to the fact that when it comes to bookmark design the possibilities are endless. A bookmark can also be a nice promotional tool if you can tie-up with a bookstore and put your bookmark inside the books.
Many business firms are waking up to this fact and using bookmarks for promoting their business. This is far more cost effective than many other forms of media. Bookmarks come in three prominent sizes which are 2×6 bookmark, 2×7 bookmark and 2×8 bookmark. All these sizes can be both vertical as well as horizontal. A few things however need to be kept in mind while designing a bookmark:
- Theme – Theme your bookmark around your brand with the use of your logo and brand name. Try to place the logo on the top of the bookmark near the tassel hole. This part of the bookmark tends to always protrude outside the book and thus serves best for promotion.
- Use Colors – Play with color while designing a bookmark and use bright colors. This will ensure that your bookmark grabs attention of the reader.
- Use Picture and Graphics – Picture and graphics are the best way to promote any brand. Do not use too many pictures and graphics in the bookmark rather use a couple of images on each side at the maximum.
- Avoid Using Texts – The last thing that you should do while designing a bookmark is use too much of text in it. Remember that your readers are interested in reading the book and not your bookmark which simply serves as a tool for keeping place in the book.
- Work on the Tassel – A tassel or the thread which holds the bookmark to the book can be designed well to leave a long lasting impression on the mind of the readers. Designer threads and ribbons can be used to make it look attractive.
- Shape It – Bookmarks normally are rectangular in shape and have sharp edges. You can shape the bookmark by rounding it’s edges or cutting it in a custom shape of your choice.
PrintPapa is one of the well known printing service providers and caters to all kinds of printing needs. They have years of expertise over printing and designing books, business cards, catalogs, brocures and notepads among others.
Flyers are one of the most cost effective yet efficient way to promote your products or services. As flyers are low costing, creative designing is one such aspect that has to be paid special attention. Almost everyone distributes flyers on telephone poles and bulletin boards. But there are many other unique avenues where the distribution of flyers may bear better fruits and give you an edge over stiff competition.
- Mails: Each month you send many bills and other type of mails. So why not place a flyer inside the envelope. You never know how many people will come across the mail after it has been opened. Print the company name and the URL on the envelope so that it is seen by people.
- Handbills Distribution in Strategical Locations: Distributing handbills at any place is not beneficial for any business. Rather try and distribute them in places where they will catch the attention. People waiting in the subway are good examples. The handbills will give them something to read and thus your marketing material will serve its purpose. You can also influence the staff at the cafes and restaurants to keep the handbills in the empty seats so that they are read by the customers.
- Bookstores: There are so many people who just love reading. Whenever they close or open a book they need bookmarks. So why not have a discussion with the bookstore owners and provide a bookmark to the buyers that will bear your company’s name and details.
- Laundromats: People have to wait for their laundry and this is the time when they can read any material that comes to hand. You will find bulletin boards in the laundromats and these are ideal places to post a flyer. Tabbed flyers at such places allows the readers to tear of the important information.
- Pay Phones: Though cell phones have caught the market, there are many people who use pay phone booths to get in touch with others. In these booths people have to spend some time and thus a strategically positioned flyer will surely catch anyone’s attention.
Locations may vary but one thing remains constant and that is the need for high quality prints. PrintPapa is a company that has added value to the print promotions of their clients over the years. We print millions of flyers every month. There are 5 sizes of flyers which we print. You can order from qty as low as 50 to 10000.
Bookmarks are the quite essential things that no bookworm can do without. They are used as papers that remember the page you last read these are used by most professionals. Most of the big guns of the corporate houses like to read either some stuff related to their niche or other books of interest so if you can get an effectively designed bookmark into their hands then you will certainly get noticed. Bookmarks are pieces of paper or cards that are most often used in rectangular shape. Bookmarks can be of different colors and designs. They should carry the essential marketing messages in a nutshell.
Bookmarks are used by people of all age groups, from college and school students to the elderly people, from casual readers to library goers. And all these people would just love to have a good looking bookmark when they end their day’s reading. This is the reason why more and more businesses want to provide their prospective clients with a neat piece of bookmark. But all said and done, bookmarks can also be used to get business.
One way to attract prospective clients is to use high quality designs while printing a bookmark. The designs should give a soothing feel to the recipients. If the designs of the bookmarks go well with the recipients then your brand image and business identity of your organization will not be forgotten. As in designing for any promotional item, while designing a bookmark too factors such as design, color, size and concept should be kept in mind.
But if getting a lot of business is what you want then the services of a printer should be taken. You can go for full color bookmarks when the printing service provider is an efficient one. There are many technologies that can be used to create a good promotional bookmark. Full color CMYK printing process is one of the technolo0gies that is used to get stunning color resolutions.
As the bookmarks come into contact with the users regularly, customized bookmarks can be great to give your business a boost!