You have decided to self publish your next book. Self publishing ensures you complete creative freedom and more profits. There problem with self publishing however lies in the fact that it doesn’t guarantee you immediate recognition. Your book might not even be promoted on the line of a book which is promoted by an established printer. This may often affect sales and decide on the success of your book.
One of the easiest ways to get recognition for your book is to get an ISBN for it. What is an ISBN than? ISBN stands for International Standard Book Number, it is a unique number that helps identify your book and provide standard of book identification. The 13 digit number has codes contains country published from, publisher, title and a single digit at the end of the ISBN which validates the ISBN.
ISBN has been used since the 1970s and is today recognized as a standard way to number your book so that it cannot be duplicated. Getting an ISBN is pretty easy as there are over 160 ISBN Agencies worldwide distributing these numbers. In certain countries this number is given free of cost to the publishing houses and self publishing authors while in others this comes for a small fee.
- Here are few advantages of the ISBN in Self publishing:
- It grants immediate recognition to the book. It tells the readers that the book has been published in the most professional manner.
- ISBN enables you to sell the book through sites like Amazon which do not accept books otherwise.
- ISBN is needed for running of electronic point-of-sale systems in bookshops. Your book may never find itself a place in the big bookstores without an ISBN.
- The ISBN also allows compilation and updating of book-trade directories. This can easily be used to find numbers of books in print etc.
- ISBN puts your book in the worldwide catalog of published books. You must be included in this catalog if you want your book available in libraries across the world.
You as a self publishing author will have to take on the biggest of publishing houses professionally. Apart from ISBN you will also need the services of a good printing service provider. Print Papa with its expertise and professional approach to work is the perfect choice for you. They have been catering to customers of all segments printing greeting cards, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, catalogs and NCR forms among others. They have earned the goodwill of their clients and have exceeded expectations and delivering them high quality work.
Brochures are widely used for marketing purposes these days. Images play a vital role in making a brochure look appealing and arousing interest in the minds of the recipients about a product, service or issue. It is very important to ensure that the images printed on the brochure look attractive. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind to make images in your brochure better:
- Use High Resolution Images: Make sure you use high resolution images in your brochure as they will look better. Low resolution images often get pixelated and bring in unprofessional look to the brochure. While designing a brochure in a image processing software use the high resolution images from the source.
- Brightness and Contrast: Open the images in an image processing software like Adobe PhotoShop or Corel PhotoPaint and enhance the brightness and contrast of the image. This will make the image look sharper and improve its clarity. However do not increase the contrast too much as it will make the image look darker.
- Use Color Correction: It is important to use automatic color correction to your images while editing them on the image processing software. This will create a balance between the colors in the image and bring in a better look. Most softwares will have a noise correction filter and this should be applied on the image too.
- Add A Drop Shadow: You can try adding a drop shadow to the image. This will add depth and a three dimensional feel to it. A completely flattened imaged merged with the background brings in a very unprofessional look to the brochure. The direction of the shadow and the distance can be manipulated to bring in the amount of depth.
- Use Contrasting Background: The color of the background and that of the image should be contrasting. This will prevent the image from merging with the background. You can also use a darker box as a background in case you are printing a bright image over a bright background.
- Frame The Image: This is one of the oldest techniques used for brochure images. Create a frame around the image. You can play with the kind of border and its color while adding the frame to the image.
Go to a good printing service provider for your brochure. PrintPapa would be an ideal choice as they have both expertise and the equipments to handle your job. They undertake all kinds of printing jobs and specialize in books, greeting cards, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, catalogs, NCR forms, calendars etc. The customers who have placed orders to them in the past talk very highly of them.
Envelopes are not just a office stationary anymore. Smarter business organizations have realized this long back and have turned their envelopes in to a marketing tool. This does not involve any extra cost at the same time has a wide reach. To act as a promotional tool the envelope has to be more than the traditional protective cover for letters and documents. Here are a few things that you can do to add punch to your envelope:
- Do it in Color – Traditionally white has been the favorite when it comes to envelope color. However there are no rules which prohibits from using other colors. You can use some bright shades of color attract the eyes of your recipient. You can also try a few gradients to make it look more attractive.
- Play with the Flap – Although envelopes have a single flap which opens upwards or on the sides you can try a few creative ideas. You can play with the flaps and divide them into two parts. If you plan to deliver the envelope by hand you can also stick a small creative button on the top of the flap to make it look creative.
- Add Shine – Once your envelopes have been printed you should ask your printer to add gloss or other shiny elements to it. This will make your envelope standout among a crowd of envelopes. You need to make sure that your envelope is printed on high quality paper for this purpose.
- Use Texture – One good idea to add punch to your custom envelope would be to have a texture paper. This isn’t used very often other than in the case of greeting cards. This will act as a huge attraction to the recipients and immediately impress them.
- Images/Graphics is Must – You can ensure that your envelope packs punch by printing images and graphics on the top and the back of the envelope. This is the idea in case you want to promote some of your products through the envelope.
A good envelope will always be the result of good printing. You need to make sure that your envelope is printed from a professional printer like PrintPapa. They have expertise in handling such jobs and have delivered high quality printed results to their clients. They are experts in printing brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, greeting cards, calendars etc. They offer the best cost to quality ratio and over the years have built a list of happy and satisfied clients.
Notepads can become more than just boring old writing material. They have come a long way from being plain paper meant to take notes. Corporate stationary items are no longer a stationary item in the office but have become a promotional tool. Company logo, brand name and contact details are finding their place on the notepad which promotes them.
Gone are those days when business houses would purchase notepads in bulk as a stationary. More and more businesses are realizing this fact and taking notepad printing seriously and customizing them to the fullest. This has given rise to the need of creative notepad printing ideas. Some of the awesome notepad ideas are:
- Fill Types: These notepads have some printed details in them and a few blank spaces. The writer just has to fill in the details in the blank spaces to complete the message. These types of notepads can be used to keep stocks in departmental stores, educational institutions, financial institutions etc.
- Magnetic Notepads: These are simple notepads which have a magnet attached at the rear. People stick these notepads on metal surfaces which secures them to the surface. These are very common in factories and workshops where placing a notepad on the ground or over something else is virtually impossible.
- Checklist Type: In this check boxes are printed for people to fill in their details. You can fill in your own items into the checklist and fill them accordingly. These types of notepads are commonly used in vehicle service centers and other service industry where customer feedback is very important for the betterment of service.
- Creatively Shaped: Many business houses are playing with the shape of their custom printed notepads. They are shaped semi circular and oval depending on the needs. In case of special business promotion they are heart shaped or shaped to promote a particular product of the business house.
- Entertainment Type: If you are planning to promote your business in a colorful manner you can use funny graphics in your notepad. You can also use colored pages for your notepad. A watermark is a good idea in such types of notepads.
To get the best quality notepads you need to hire the services of a professional printer. PrintPapa would be a great choice for the experience that they have in handling such creative jobs. They have the latest printing equipments with them. Apart from notepads they also print brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, letterheads, greeting cards, calendars etc. They have earned a good reputation from their clients having delivered high quality work on time. Their biggest testimony is the satisfied clientele that they have developed over the years.
Booklet is one of the best promotional tools for a product or services company. They are being used widely by companies all across the globe. Large booklets with 32 pages to ones with 8 pages are being widely used in today’s world. Designing a brochure is a challenging task as a lot of important parts need to be designed. Let us look at some of the important parts of a booklet in detail:
- Cover – This has to be the most impressive part of a booklet. This often decides the interest that your booklet will arouse on the recipient. You should always print the booklet in full color to make it look attractive. The cover should give people a brief on what to expect inside the brochure.
- Introductory Content – This is usually the first page of the booklet. It usually includes any forwarding dedications, disclaimers and reminders that is important in reading the color booklet.
- Index – If your booklet has many pages it is good to create an index for it. This is common in booklets that accompany electronic items. List all the contents in the booklet chronologically in the index along with page numbers which make it easy for the readers to go through the booklet.
- Content – Content is the thing that the booklet is printed for. It should be organized logically in the booklet. It is ideal to write the content of the booklet in simple language as this makes it easier for people who read it.
- Credits/Contact – You should include credits and full contact address in the back cover of the booklet. This is important as many of the recipients might want to get in touch with the company distributing the booklet. In case of booklets on a subject due credit should be given to the contributors in the back page.
Always design your booklets after a lot of thought. Make sure that it is printed on quality paper as it will leave a good impression on the minds of your clients. Hire the services of a professional printer like PrintPapa for the job that has expertise in the job. PrintPapa has been catering to the needs of big and small clients over the years and has been famous for high quality jobs delivered on time. Apart from booklets they are experts in printing labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, business cards, CD/DVD covers and calendars.
There are thousands of real estate brokers and agents in the market. It is important for you to stand out among the crowd. A professionally designed brochure can go a long way in promoting your real estate business. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind to design a good real estate brochure:
- Use Pictures – Nothing sells more than pictures when it comes to a real estate brochure so it is important that you print pictures of the properties in your brochure. This will bring in an authentic look to your brochure. In case you want to market an upcoming structure using an artist impression will be a great idea. Try including some images of the exterior and the landscape also.
- Give Details – You need to make sure that all your property listings are accompanied by the basic details. You need to include the physical address of the property, the kind of holding, the basic dimensions of the property and distance from major landmarks and other important commercial and public places in the city.
- Full Contact Information – You need to make sure that you print your contact details in the brochure. An authentic brochure needs to have an address printed on it. Having an office of your own will go a long way in promoting you as a trust worthy real estate agent. Use your website URL and email address in the brochure.
- List USP – One major way of promoting any property is to highlight the USP of the property in the brochure. You can stress on things like swimming pool, gymnasium, and health clubs etc that come in with the property.
- Call To Action – After having convinced the potential buyers, landlords or tenants you need to include a call to action that encourages its readers to call your office for a consultation. This is the only stage where as a real estate agent you can make a sale and earn profit.
A good real estate brochure should always be printed on high quality paper. You also need to hire the services of a good printing service provider. PrintPapa is one of the ideal choices for you as they have been in the profession for long and are armed with the latest printing equipments, They have expertise in printing booklets, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, business cards, CD/DVD covers and calendars. They are your one stop solution and can meet all your demands. PrintPapa has built a list of satisfied clients by impressing them with its high quality job meeting deadlines.
If you are running a car rental company doorhangers are one of the best ways for you promote your business. This will not only get you customers but is also a cheap way of promoting your business. You can put your tie up with some hotels and ensure that they put up your doorhanger on their doors for customers to see.
You can also put your doorhangers in hostel doors and those even in commercial places. If you are using a hotel or a commercial complex to put your doorhangers, acknowledge the support from the hotel and commercial place. This will also ensure that your service is being authenticated by some other business.
Here are a few things that you should keep in mind while designing a doorhanger to promote your car rental service:
- Write a good opening line in your doorhanger in bold which should catch the eye of the people. Remember ‘short and sweet’ can win the race for you.
- Have a brief note on the kind of service you provide. Mention the kind of vehicles that you have at your disposal while offering the service. You can mention any other USP that you might have over your competitors.
- In the back of the doorhanger provide the images of the cars that you have. This will serves as an attraction for the people as they will exactly know what to expect out of your car rental service.
- If you are offering some discount or any other freebie with the rental, make sure it is on the top of the doorhanger and should be able to attract attention immediately.
- Make sure that your rack card has your full contact details including your contact number and email address.
- You should always print your doorhanger in full color to make it look attractive. Go for a gloss coating over your doorhanger as this will make it look gorgeous.
- Although most doorhangers have a distinctive shape you can always be experimental with them. You can shape your doorhanger like a car to promote your business.
To ensure that your doorhanger looks attractive it is important for you to get it printed from a professional printing service provider. You can opt for PrintPapa as they have expertise in printing in booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, calendars etc. Over the years they have built a list of satisfied clients by providing high quality work on time and at very competitive rates.
Many authors are choosing to self publish these days. It not only gives you the entire profit but also lets you have the full creative control of your book. The myth that self publishing is a very expensive process has been broken. The cost of self publishing however still remains a concern to many. Let us see what are the factors which affect self publishing:
- Editing: You might have written your book with utmost care but it is advisable to get it edited from a professional. This will filter the content of your book and make it better. Professional editors can charge you on per word basis or a lump sum for the entire book. Rates vary from $0.01 to $0.02 per word.
- Proof Reading: Even after the book have gone under the eyes of a editor you need go for a proof reading. This will remove any silly mistakes that you or the editor might have committed. This process can cost you anything between $200 to $500.
- Formatting/Cover Design: A good book needs to be well formatted to make it look attractive. It also needs to have a good cover design to attract the attention of the readers. This can cost you between $150 to $500 depending on the designer you hire.
- Printing: This is the most crucial process for a self published book. The cost here will vary depending on the number of copies, pages in the book, paper quality and the kind of printing opted for. The average cost of printing a book varies from $2 to $20.
- ISBN: Getting an ISBN is very important if you are planning to sell your book through sites like Amazon. ISBN also brings in international recognition for your book. You can but an ISBN for $40 – $125 depending on the country you reside in.
- Bar Code: A bar code might be required if you plan to sell your book in some shops. You will get a bar code for $20 to $25
Whatever may be the cost do not compromise on the printing of your book. Remember what looks impressive can sell more It is thus important for you to hire the services of a printer like PrintPapa for the job. They are an expert printing service provider who deal in booklets, brochures, labels, notepads, rack cards, greeting cards, door hangers etc. They are equipped with the latest equipment in the printing world and have regularly delivered high quality work on time to the clients.
There is a lot of talk about self publishing these days in the market. Many renowned and first time authors prefer to go the self publishing way than to go to a renowned publisher. The rising popularity of self publishing also makes it a victim of many myths that surround it. Some are created out of ignorance while others due to commercial interests of the publishers. Here are five important facts about self publishing:
- You Are The Boss: First and the foremost fact is that in self publishing you are your own boss. You have complete creative freedom to work for the book on your own terms. If your book becomes popular with the audience then there will be many publishers knocking on your door willing to re-publish your book on your terms.
- It Is Easy: Far from the popular myth that typesetting and designing a book is difficult, on the contrary it is a very easy job. Most of the publication softwares have custom made templates for setting a book. You do not need rocket science to use them. Most of the processes in these softwares are self explanatory and in case you have doubts you can seek help from the Internet.
- It Is Cheap: Self publishing seems expensive from outside but inside it is quite cheap as you can save a lot of money by doing some of the jobs yourself. Regular publishing softwares are enough to help you design your book. You don’t need to buy those expensive softwares like your publisher and can achieve quality results even with the MS Office package. With Print On Demand you can print any quantity of books without spending a fortune. For e.g. we at PrintPapa can print only 5 Books at a very low cost. Check it out.
- Copyright Is Yours: You get to keep the copyright of your book unlike the case of going to a publisher. This gives you the freedom to reproduce the book in a new form, edit it for future editions and even sell it to a publisher if you get a lucrative sum of money and lifetime royalty.
- Niche Books: Many publishers do not publish books for niche audience as they are not commercially viable. In self publishing you do not have to face such hurdles as you are the publisher yourself and being so you are not accountable to any individual.
A good book should be complemented by quality printing and you should hire the services of a renowned printing agency like Print Papa. They have been in the printing industry for quite some time and have latest printing technology at their disposal. They have built expertise in printing booklets, stickers, calenders, labels, NCR forms and rack cards and a host of other domestic and corporate printing materials. Check out our Soft Cover Perfect Binded Book Section and get a instant quote to find out how much your book will cost to print.
Self-publishing is the publication of a book by the author. Don’t be scared it doesn’t require you to set up a printing press to publish your book! It is just a process where you don’t take your manuscripts to a third-party publisher but instead to a printer and get the job done at your own expense. There is lot of buzz around self publishing these days as authors are not fully dependent on publishers for approving and printing their books.
The advent of technology and publishing tools such as MS Office, Corel Draw, Pagemager, Photoshop etc has empowered every author to wear multiple hats like the designer and typesetter of the book. This relieves the author of depending on the third party publisher and the creative freedom all author strive for. There are a lot of advantages of self publishing. Some of them are:
• You are the boss! You get make all the decisions regarding the book and don’t have the editors removing parts of the book or executives suggesting changes to make the book more commercial.
• A publisher pays you only a small percentage of the profits unless you are a big name who can negotiate terms. With self publishing you get to keep the entire profit for yourself.
• In self publishing you get to retain the right of the book and set the market price for it. If the book becomes a bestseller you can strike a lucrative deal with the publisher.
• You can edit your book for the second edition if you feel necessary following the feedback of your first. A publisher may not allow you to edit the content of your book.
• You can reproduce the entire book or parts of it somewhere else in case you want which is not possible with a publisher who will keep rights of your book.
• You do not need to attend promotional events and keep on hopping from city to city at your publisher’s wish to reap maximum commercial benefits from your book.
• You are not bound by any long term contracts which don’t allow you to look for greener pastures.
All you need to self publish your book is a good and professional printer. This is where a printing service provider like Print Papa can be of great help to you. They are a professionally managed company which uses the latest technology in printing. They have been regularly offering high quality jobs to their clients at competitive prices. They have built expertise in printing calenders, catalogs, labels, NCR forms and rack cards.
PrintPapa Offers Short Run Soft Cover Perfect Binded Book Printing for your book. These books are printed proffesionally and can be sold at a book store. We offer 3 standard sizes, but if you need a custom size, just request for a custom quote. You can order as low as 5 books at a time. So next time when you are ready to write a book, you know where to go for publishing it.