Let us take a flashback to the times before online printing services came into existence. Printing promotional materials was a quintessential part of marketing even back then. Marketers were more dependent on printing the postcards, business cards, brochures, posters, banners, etc. back then. But the problem was they had to select a printing press in close vicinity and could not make an independent choice based on the quality of work. Proximity of the printing press had to be close to the office or home of the marketers, for they required visiting the printers from time to time to check the progress of their work. They had to check the proof by physically being to the printers. This was taxing, taking into consideration the busy schedule of the businessmen even back then. They had to either cut on their business time or leisure time to pay such visits.
Now come back to the era of the Internet and online printing services people can order for their choice of promotional materials sitting within the comforts of their home. They can select the items just as they would do from the physical printing service providers. With the popularity of the concept for online printing services the reputed stores are coming up with new ways to make the online order placing, proofing and delivery procedure for their customers simple.
Proof checking is an essential part of promotional materials. Promotional materials signify the professionalism and the core values of the company. Often people form a favorable impression about a company based on the quality of prints and the messages they deliver. With such high stakes even a minor mistake can cause significant drop in sales. From the designing to content used in the promotional materials everything should be thoroughly checked to make sure it is picture perfect. With the online printing service providers you can check the proof sitting back at home in time which best suits you.
Online printing service providers have a well designed website that has options of uploading the artwork and selecting the exact sizes for the promotional materials. You can also add some extra specifications to further customize your printed product. There are tools at the websites whereby you can go through the proof and make the desired changes online. Just save the file after making the change. All the changes made during proof checking will be used while providing the end result. Reputed printing agencies such as PrintPapa offer 3 levels of proofing to make sure the customers get the exact design and content they had desired for. There are various types of promotional materials that you can get printed from PrintPapa such as calendars, greeting cards, letterhead, postcards, rack cards, etc.
Large organizations changing their logo designs have become a common occurrence. Most of the companies change their logos after every five years or so. Last year two popular companies decided to change their logos. Logo change of Gap and Starbucks made headlines. While the new logo of Starbucks was well received by their fans, Gap attracted quite a lot of criticism. Thus modifying a corporate logo requires a lot of deliberation. The corporate logo is not only displayed in the product packages they are also essential to elucidate what the company is all about without speaking a single word. Though some companies seem to be in frenzy about changing their corporate logos (at times even thrice in as many years) but too much change can distract the loyal customer base. Changing the logo once every five years is an inevitable fact for businesses.
But what are the reasons for logo change and how it can help the businesses? Let us find out:
- Growth: With every passing year businesses will invariably grow and have higher profits. There are many ways in which a company grows. Some companies opt to merge with other big names in the industry to create a stronger brand entity. While some other companies grow by acquiring other smaller companies to add more value to its current business. Some companies might grow independently without taking recourse to the above mentioned steps. Whatever be the situation, the company has to change their logo to signify the change or growth.
- New Values and Practices: Sometimes the logo change might not be due to the financial prosperity. Logo design change may also be triggered by change of vision and mission. Logo change often brings out the true business objectives and helps in brand positioning. While some companies go for an entirely new logo to signify their change other companies try to make some required changes.
- New Services, Products or Technologies: Companies always look to expand their list of services or products. You can make the customers aware of the latest changes in the company with logo change. Though updating the logo each time you introduce a product or service is not a wise idea, but if some of the products or services have been popular among the users then the same can be used in the logo design.
- Bad Press: Many times companies make enormous mistakes that cause their disrepute. You have to take quick steps in such instances before the situation gets out of hand. May be you are harming the environment in some way, you can reboot your brand image by adding a green colored logo which will say that the company will take environment friendly measures in the future.
So changing corporate logo is important in many ways for the corporate houses. A company goes through many changes in five years and thus it is a fitting time to think about the logo change. Reputed printing service providers such as PrintPapa can help you create a catchy logo and then use the new logo in all your promotional materials. You can promote your company effectively with the new logo and various promotional materials available at PrintPapa such as Brochures, Envelopes, Business cards, Banners, Bookmarks, etc.
In the fast world of the times everyone wants solutions to their problems without leaving their homes. If you have started a business you would require printing service providers to get the key promotional materials such as Letterheads, Business Cards, Brochures, Posters, etc. printed. You can get the best printing services for such promotional materials without having to move an inch from your home or office. There are many reputed printing agencies offering online printing. Online printing is affordable and convenient and the printers mete out best quality and timely delivery. You should check with the printing service provider whether they meet the above mentioned criteria. In the traditional printing services the customers had to visit the press again and again to monitor the quality and progress of work. The busy professionals had to cut down upon their relaxation time to pay such visits to the printing press. It is very difficult for the new business owners to dedicate such time as they have to look into various key business aspects such as legal matters, recruitment, decoration/renovation of the office, etc. So with the help of the online printing services you can now have some time to relax.
If you have certain designs and content that would be implemented in the promotional materials, then there are special arrangements at such sites. The online printing service providers have special sections where you can not only order for the items but also upload your artwork based on the specifications mentioned at the website. The payment gateway used by the leading printing service providers such as PrintPapa is totally safe. Once ordered for the items get delivered in quick time. All the promotional materials are created strictly based on your preferences. So there is no place to complain. But it is important to learn about the file format for the files that need to be uploaded by the clients.
There is no need to worry about the date of delivery. It generally does not take more than few business day to deliver the order.
Vast options are available for online printing with PrintPapa whether it is business card, rack cards, poster, banner, or any other type of promotional materials you want to get printed you will get plenty of options.
If you still lived in the early days of printing then this question would have never crossed your mind because two color offset printing was the only option available in those times. With the growth of digital printing technology there are new options available now for commercial printing. Four color digital printing is a viable option for all the marketers in today’s times. But the availability of the two color and four color printing process has left many people confused. This is the reason, understanding the advantages and disadvantages of both these color printing processes is important.
Two color offset printing is one of the most common processes for high volume commercial printing. In this process the image to be inserted is placed on a plate and then transferred from the plate to a rubber blanket, which again is moved to the printing surface. Two color printing is mainly based on the use of oil and water. Ink rollers supply the required ink to the images while the non printed area attracts a film of water. The film of water keeps the non printing area free of any ink. In four color digital printing process the mechanical steps such as manually stripping the pieces to create a plate and making films for color proofs are not needed.
Now, let us take a look into the advantages of both these processes to make a comparative study:
Four Color Digital Printing Advantages
- It provides a shorter turnaround as it does not require much manual work.
- All the prints have same color. There are lesser wastes, accurate counts and the color remains constant as there is no need to balance the ink and water during digital printing.
- It costs lower for high volume of printing. Though the per unit cost of each piece is higher than in offset printing, but when you consider the set up costs, you will find that four color printing costs much less nowadays as the there is no setup cost in digital printing.
- There are customization options in four color printing without slowing down the print speed. The information stored in the databases can be used to provide unique copies every time, such as ones for the personalized letters used for marketing. This process is called Variable Data Printing.
Two Color Offset Printing Advantages
- It will work on many types of surfaces other than paper such as cloth, metal, wood, plastic, leather, etc.
- If you order for a large quantity of prints then per unit cost goes down.
- Modern two color or 4 color offset presses use computer to plate technology which assures higher quality.
Are you still not able to make up your mind? Then use the below given checklist.
- Quantity: If you are ordering for a large number of prints then the cost per unit would be considerably less for two color offset printing, while if you are looking for short run printing then four color digital printing is your definite choice.
- Printing Medium: If you need unusual printing surface, special type of paper, unique size, etc. then offset printing is a good choice. Though the options are gradually increasing with four color printing too.
- Color: If you require only black and white prints then the two color process is a choice you can make. While if you want many colors to be used in your prints then the four color or digital printing is your cup of tea.
- Turnaround: Four color printing is totally automated and controlled by the computers so it will give you faster turnaround. So if you have a time constraint, four color printing should be your choice.
- Proof Checking: Four color digital prints offer better proofs as they produce a sample of how the actual printed piece would look like.
So make the choices based on your requirements. You may also ask for suggestions from the experienced printing service providers such as PrintPapa. They have expertise in offering high quality printing for various promotional materials such as rack cards, greeting cards, posters, short run books, NCR forms, etc.
Whether you are publishing a book or launching a consumer item, you have to compete for the consumers budget. This is the reason why extra stress should be laid on not only the quality, but also on the price of short run books. And to tell you frankly there is a lot of competition in the market. Solely in North America there are more than 150,000 titles published every year. If you want to make your book among the top sellers then the short run book might neither be too high priced nor too low for the specific market. If you price the book high it will not sell, as people will look for alternatives written on the same or similar subject matter which are cost effective buys for them. If the price is set too low, it gives the buyers a conception that the book is of inferior quality and lacks in relevant content.
So how to make a final decision regarding the pricing of book? To begin with you may visit a local bookstore and visit the area specified for your genre of book. Analyze the various aspects of the books and give extra stress on the pricing. Pick the most expensive books and least expensive books and some which are priced modestly. Find out what they have in common? There are other questions that need answers such as:
- Do the books have hard or soft cover?
- Do they have most photos and illustrations, most number of pages, best quality paper, attractive graphic designs, most professional editing?
- Are these books written by expert or famous authors?
- Do the least expensive books have opposite features to the most expensive ones?
- What are the differences between the most priced books and modestly priced ones?
Choose some books that create maximum appeal to you. Go on and make a list of features that you want include in your book. If you know the specifications required in your book, then it will be easy to get printing quotes from the printing service providers. Printing is the biggest publishing expense when you look to have sizable number of copies.
Your pricing should depend on the particular market you intend to cater to. There is a upper limit of price that the people will pay for each genre of book, while there is also a lower price limit after which the people feel the book has no value. It is the customers that decide whether your book is priced right or wrong. So think hard before coming to a final decision regarding the pricing of a book.
Still having doubts about the correct price? You can consult with a reputed printing agency such as PrintPapa. PrintPapa have been printing high quality short run books for many years now and know publishing business inside out. They also specialize in printing various types of promotional materials such as brochures, business cards, booklets, notepads, presentation folders, etc.
Booklets which were considered as a promotional material fit for the educational institutions are finding their worth in the marketing campaigns of many companies, whatever be their size. If you have not designed a booklet before then you will feel that booklet printing is quite a straightforward task. When you get into the act of arranging materials and designing the booklet, new challenges will confront everyday. It is true that booklet printing is quite easy for the experienced booklet printing service providers but for novices there are many mistakes they might commit. These mistakes might prove costly in the long run and may even minimize the impact of your booklet printing campaign. The basic purpose of printing booklets is to inform the readers about the company and its products or services. This is the reason, a designer must provide the right information in the correct order to make a booklet successful. As the booklets generally span between 4 pages and 8 pages it is a challenge to set the layout for booklet. Even a minute mistake may cause huge losses for the company, thus below are some of the biggest mistakes you should look to avoid in your booklet printing campaign.
- Blank Areas: Many of the designers forget that a booklet will span across 4-8 pages. If the designers are not careful the final output could have blank pages somewhere inside your booklet. Such a scenario is more applicable if you look to make any last minute changes. So before sending the documents to the printing agency double or triple check the layout to make sure that the booklet will appear just as you had envisioned it.
- Too Much Information: Many of the company owners make the mistake of turning a booklet into a full book. It should be kept in mind that booklet is intended to provide only some specific information and not information of all sorts. The content in the booklet should influence the reader to come back to the company and learn more about your business. If there are odd number of pages in your booklet, make sure you trim the content on the booklet. It is better to trim the content rather than filling the booklet with excessive information that will not interest the readers.
- Full Color or Black and White?: If you want to draw the attention of the readers, then you should order for the four color booklet printing. Black and white booklets do not have the eye catching potential to make the readers read through. If the four color booklet printing can not be accommodated within your budget, then consider some other types of promotional materials. A neat looking brochure has better marketing potential then a black and white booklet.
- Number of Copies: If you are looking to promote your products through booklets, then you should order for a large number of booklets that will meet your marketing campaign needs. Printing agencies might charge higher rates on re-order, thus it is wise to order for large number of copies upfront. Many printing service providers also offer good discounts on bulk orders, so you will also be able to make use of this lucrative option.
- Proofreading: Having your booklet proofread thoroughly can mean that it will take some extra days before sending the final work to the printing agency, but it is immensely useful in the long run. It will not only allow you a chance to view what the printed booklet will look like, but it will also provide the company owners and designers a chance to bring last minute changes. Taking some extra time will surely make your booklet marketing campaign a success.
Another important consideration in your booklet printing campaign is the choice of the printer. You should always opt for a professional printing service provider such as PrintPapa who have years of experience in providing high quality booklet printing results to their clients. They also have high expertize in printing short run books, posters, banners, rack cards, calendars, notepads, etc.
If you are a business owner you must be using some promotional materials or the other to reach out to the thousands of prospective clients waiting out there. Booklets are one of the promotional materials that can fetch great results for your business expansion plans. These are printed materials having a cover and at least three pages inside. Booklets are usually published by the company owners if they have a lot of information to their prospective clients. In the earlier times such promotional materials were benchmarks of renowned educational institutions, who conveyed their list of courses through these elaborate promotional materials. But nowadays, business owners have found renewed interest in booklet printing. There are various considerations that a business owner has to make before publishing a promotional booklet. One such key consideration is regarding the choice of booklet binding methods. Most of reputed printing service providers will offer various binding methods. But it is crucial to know the advantages of each method before reaching a final decision. So below some of the leading booklet binding methods have been discussed:
- Ring Binding: It is also known as notebook or spiral binder. It contains three rings binding the pages and a front cover. Advantage of this binding method is that the pages are removable that is important for booklets. Booklets like the manuals have to be updated from time to time and with the help of this binding you can easily remove and insert pages from the booklet. On the adverse, the ring binders are not durable and they do not carry a professional look.
- Saddle-Stitched Binding: These are the best options for booklet binding as they are durable as well as cost low. In this process the pages are stapled along the crease of folds when the pages are still flat. This creates a strong bind when the pages are folded. Only disadvantage of saddle-stitch binder is that the pages are not completely flat.
- Coil Binding: When you use coil binding for booklets, it will lay flat when the promotional material is opened. This is the reason this binding method is popular for textbooks. In this process a number of tiny holes are made and a coil wire is wound through the holes. This of course makes the booklet fragile as the pages are prone to be torn by repeatedly brushing against the coil ends. Coils also unwound on top or bottom of the pages.
- Thermal Binding: It involves attaching the pages to the cover spine with the use of heated glue. Though it is used in some booklets, but such a method is popularly used for magazines, paperback books or phonebooks. Though it is durable but the costs are higher as there are many intricate steps involved in this booklet binding method.
So do not fall in the trap of some printing agencies who offer cheap binding. Reputed printing service providers such as PrintPapa will offer you high quality binding at reasonable costs. Thus they are definite choice if you are looking to print promotional materials. List of their printing services includes banners, calendars, NCR Forms, Bookmarks, Door Hangers, Envelopes, etc.
Catalogs are versatile promotional materials that can be used for any industry. They can add significant numbers to companies’ customer base. Though there are many types of promotional materials used by the companies, but the catalogs have proven their worth for many reputed companies. One of the impressive things about promoting through catalogs is that you can target various types of niche audience. If are a business owner and looking to promote your products/services then catalog printing is a definite choice for you. But after deciding on printing catalogs there are various other decisions that will confront you. One such decision is regarding the type of paper you should use. The type of paper chosen will affect the overall success of the campaign. If the paper used in printing catalog is poor it will leave a bad impression in the minds of the readers or the prospective customers. While a good quality paper will make the readers read through the catalog and improve your chances of sale. Thus it is of utmost importance to choose the paper with care. Take a look through the following components before making a final choice.
- Paper for catalog printing: There are different sizes and weights of paper available. The design of the catalog will be the determinant for the type of paper – whether you should use a 8.5X5.5 or 12X12 sized paper. You should also check for the weight of the paper. High quality papers can be 100lb coated, 80lb uncoated or 70lb coated. These are good options for your catalog printing, but choose the option that best suits your images. For example, a catalog for discount supplies does not require heavy paper weight, while the high ended product catalogs will require more expensive types of paper.
- Finish that Fits the needs: White offset paper which is also known as uncoated paper is used for books, these are good options for printing basic price list sort of catalogs. While a coated paper, which adds attractiveness to the catalog is a good choice if your catalog has high resolution images. The coated varieties of paper have reflective qualities and a smooth texture which are perfect to print catalogs having colored photos.
- Environment Friendly choice: Most of the reputed printing service providers offer the option of Green paper. If you are an eco-friendly person and concerned about the effect of your catalogs on the environment, then ask the printing agency how they can reduce the carbon footprint. Many of the printing companies are looking to use recycled paper scraps and the byproducts of catalog to promote green practices.
- Ask for help: If you happen to take up the services of a renowned printing service provider such as PrintPapa, you may count on their experience and ask for guidance on the choice of paper. PrintPapa has many experts who will advice the best type of paper that will suit your requirements.
So get in touch with the PrintPapa professionals today, over the phone or through e-mails, if you have a catalog printing project in mind. PrintPapa not only deals with catalog printing, they also offer printing of other promotional materials such as Short Run Books, Booklets, Bookmarks, Calendars, Envelopes, etc.
There are many authors over the world who find it hard to decide on the right format for manuscripts to send to their respective publishers. When you are looking to be the boss of your own work by becoming a self publisher it is important to have an idea about the proper format for the publishers. Some of the printing service providers have guidelines which should be followed meticulously if you want the best output for your book. The printing agencies work in different ways and use different software, thus the format for the manuscripts should meet their needs. If the manuscripts are not sent to the publishers then your work gets delayed and the costs pile up. While some of the reputed printing service providers such as PrintPapa have clear instructions for short run books, some of the other new printing agencies might have incomplete or no guidelines at all. In such situations it is important to follow the tips mentioned below:
- Format the document to Font Size 12 and font type Times New Roman or Courier. There should be one inch margins on either side of the document.
- Mention your contact details in the top left corner of the front page. The details should include either your real name or pen name, address, phone number, website or e-mail address. In the top right corner of the document mention the title of the book and approximate word count for the book (should be rounded to the nearest thousand).
- Now move the cursor to the middle of the first page and write the first chapter heading in the center. Pres “Enter” a couple of times and type in “by [Your Name Here]”. Mention either your original name or any pen name whichever you want to appear in the book. Select the text to double spaced lines and press Enter. Now you can begin typing the manuscript.
- Each of the paragraphs should have an indent of one-half inch which is the default setting for word processors. While typing the text, the paragraphs should not be separated by space. You don’t have to worry about the lines which are a part of the paragraphs before or after them (these lines dangle at the top or bottom part of the page automatically).
- Use the tools to insert automatic page numbering at the top left of every page. In Microsoft Word this can be done by going to the menu bar and selecting the option “Header” or in the latest Word versions “Page Number”.
- When you are done, watch out for the command which will make the page number for the front page different. The page number for this page should be at the bottom and centered.
- Start each chapter of your book in separate pages. The chapter name should be quarter of the way down in the page. Insert an extra space between the title of the chapter and its text.
Now you have formatted the perfect manuscript which will help the printing service provider offer quick turnaround. If you visit a printing service provider like PrintPapa who has experience in not only publishing books but also other promotional materials, then you are assured to get high quality prints in quick time. The company deals with various types of printing such as Brochures, Booklets, Rack cards, Presentation Folders, Greeting Cards, etc. So you can be sure to get the best quality and nothing else from PrintPapa!
When you are looking to self publish your book there are various things that you should consider. One of these is the size of the book. The size of the book plays an important part in the overall designing. When you visit any bookstore you will come across books of various shapes and sizes. If you notice closely the designs of the books vary according to the sizes significantly. So, which is the right size of book for your short run book? Well, there are some variables that will determine your choice. So look through these variables before making the final choice:
- Genre: The size of the book varies according to the genre. There are some books which are associated with having a specific size, such as the mass market paperbacks are of small size (less than 5 inches in width and 8 inches in length). While the books on computer and technical information are larger in size of 7.25X9.25 or approximately that dimension. If you are looking to have good sales with your book then it is not wise to deviate from the general norms of size. Remember you will be selling the books through the retail stores where there are display racks of particular size to accommodate each genre of books.
- Printer: Most of the book printers offer standard sized prints. Before getting the quotes you have to get an idea about the standard sizes of the printers and make your book layout likewise. It is difficult to visually make out the difference between 7”X10” and 6”X9”, so visit the nearest retail store and measure the books displayed there. If you are looking to print self published book using both offset technology and print on demand you should format the book so that they can be printed either way. Usually printers have fewer size variations when it comes to hardback or color books, so this factor should also be kept in mind.
- Content: If the physical size of the book is small, then there will be more pages in the book. If you are looking to self publish a book with 50,000 words it will have 200 pages in the 6”X9” format, while in the 7”X10” format it will have 170 pages. When you are using the print on demand technology the pricing depends on the per page charge and base unit cost. The unit costs will vary according to the page sizes. Renowned printing service providers offer two categories such as large and small paperbacks. The unit of large paperbacks is definitely more then the smaller ones. If you can not decide on which option to go for then it is wise to get the calculators out and opt for the one costing you less on the printing charges.
- Layout: If you intend to include pictures and diagrams in your book, then you will have to select a larger size to fit these ideally. Book’s readability is one of the most important considerations, so when you are preparing the layout for the book make sure it can be easily read. There should white spaces and margins left in the book to ease the reading experience.
- Audience: If you are writing a book for the older audiences then the font for the book should be large. This will automatically make the book larger.
Renowned printing agencies such as PrintPapa have all the options available for the self publishers. PrintPapa not only offers extensive list of options for self publishing of short run books but they also offer printing services for various promotional materials such as NCR Forms, Labels & Stickers, Rack Cards, Flyers, Banners, Booklets, Presentation Folders, etc.