If you are planning to raise funds for a charity one of the best ways for you to promote the cause would be with the use of calendar. People around the world have used this medium to create awareness and generate funds. Calendar is one of the cost effective mediums of promotion and has a longer shelf life ideally of 12 months. Here are a few tips that you should keep in mind for designing a fund raising calendar:
- Define Your Cause: You should define your cause well while printing a charity calendar. Elaborate the cause for which you seek funds and let people know how you plan to go about achieving your targets. Give people complete information on the background of your organization while seeking funds through a charity calendar.
- Print Facts And Figures: One way to appeal well through your fund raising calendar is by publishing facts and figures. These give your potential donors a fair idea of what you are talking about and what you plan to do or how much have you done so far as a part of your campaign.
- Use Images: Images are one of the best ways to narrate your cause to people. If you are planning to raise money for the protection of animals, publishing the pictures of these animals will be a good way.
- Try Black and White: If you are planning a story of distress to the potential donors the best way to publish your calendar would be in black and white. This color combination helps in highlighting the seriousness of the issue.
- Don’t Publish Gruesome Images: Your cause might be very serious but you should not publish gruesome images in your calendar. Such calendars won’t be used by people and will never lead to promotion of your cause.
- Use Contact Details: Your calendar should have your contact address. This is for people who might actually want to donate something for charity and want to get in touch with you. Make sure you have a proper contact address or people might see you as a fraud.
The charity calendar should be printed by a professional printer to make it look attractive. You can hire the services of PrintPapa who are a very experienced printing service provider. They are equipped with the latest in the printing technology. PrintPapa has its expertise in printing books, booklets, greeting cards, letterheads, business cards, notepads, rack cards etc. Their biggest testimonial lies with the hundreds of customers who have been satisfied receiving their services.
Calendar is one of the best tools when it comes to promoting a product. Along with posters and banners they are widely used for product promotion but unlike these two, calendars have a longer shelf life thus it serves as one of the best promotional tools for a product. Calendars find use at home unlike many other promotional materials and thus are great for promotion. Here are a few tips which can help you promote your product through a calendar:
- Use Pictures: This is perhaps the oldest way of promoting a product through calendar. Use the picture of your products in each page of your calendar and write some USP of the product. This will arouse interest in the minds of your potential customers. Use colored images in the calendar as they tend to attract eye balls more and will serve better for promotion.
- Calendar Format: Single page calendar aren’t the ideal tool if you have a large product line. Try printing a calendar with 12 pages as this will give you extra pages to promote your product. Ensure that the pictures of the products are placed prominently and become the center of attraction in your calendar. Do not however compromise with the date card in the calender as it might spoil the whole idea of designing one.
- Shape It: Another way to design a calendar to promote your product is to play with the shape of your calendar. For instance if you are selling cellular phones you could shape your calendar in the form of a phone which will look unique and attract the eyes of the audience immediately.
- Use Back Page: If you are printing a table tent calender it is advisable to use the back page also for your product promotion. You can print the detailed features of your product on the back page. Many people fail to realize that even the back of a table calender can also be effectively used for product promotion.
- Distribute It: It is one thing to print a calender and another to make sure that the right target group gets it. Study your target audience and ensure that you distribute it in the right place. This will ensure that your product gets the maximum promotion.
A well designed calender will become a great tool for promotion only when it is printed in high quality. This is where the services of a professional printing service provider like PrintPapa is required. They are experts is printing of domestics as well as corporate documents such as books, brochures, catalogs and rack cards. They are equipped with the latest technology in printing and deliver more than expected results. To order calendars from PrintPapa click here.
If you have an environmental organization then you will surely need all the promotion you can have to gain support from a large section of the populace. This is the reason why calendars are considered apt marketing tools for environmental organizations. Calendar is a thing that every household requires and they remain in front of the eyes all throughout the day and night. So is there any better way to make people remember your organization and the cause for which you are fighting. Though the printing agencies will give you various ideas to make the calendars more effective but below are some of the tried and tested tips:
- Special Events and Dates should be highlighted – Highlight the special dates of the organization and those that are valid for your organization. This will serve as a constant reminder for all viewers of the calendar what your organization is about and what you strive to attain through it. Many interested people might also take a notice of those special days and participate in the event organized by your organization. By doing this, you will make people aware of the various events that are held by the organization such as concerts, exhibitions, anniversary celebrations, etc. More people participating in these events leads to more success for your organization.
- Foreign Translations should be included – There are many people around the world who do not understand English. So, it is a great idea to have native language translations for month, date and other messages included in your calendar. This will help you to reach out to a larger population of the audience.
- Include Paintings, Poetry and Quotes by Other Members – Get the people in your organization involved in it. Make the campaign more absorbing by including quotes, poetry, nature photos and paintings by the other employees of the organization. These will not only give the members a boost but will also add content to the design of your calendar.
Whatever you do, bear one thing in mind that take up the best printing services available. These tips will work effectively only if the printing agency chosen by you is effective. An effective calendar campaign will ensure that your environmental organization grows by leaps and bounds!
Calendar printing is a great marketing collateral as far as you get it perfectly right from the images to the style and text formats. A lot of companies, irrespective of their size, budget or reach of their brand image are resorting to calendar printing assignments in order to promote their company, products or services.
Some of the companies develop and design their own calendars while some have their calendars looked after by professional design and graphic experts. Photographs, cartoons, images and other graphic styles are the crux of a successful calendar printing-centric marketing campaign.
However, you need to avoid some of the common problems that plague an inexperienced or amateur hand at calendar printing, which almost inevitably fails the purpose of running a calendar marketing campaign. Some major issues that concern a similar calendar printing assignment meant for use in marketing can be:
- Timing – You need to remember that calendars are only useful for a year (leaving out some exceptions) and hence you need to print or distribute the calendars within the specified time period. It is always encouraged to have the calendars printed and distributed before the specified year commences. Most calendars come out within the last week of December to capitalize on the open market.
- Choice of Images – Dull or mundane images for a calendar can really destroy your calendars’ marketing potential. Your images are the best possible element in the calendar to make an impact on the consumers and attain an impressive lead generation statistic. Therefore, use appealing images, highlighting your product, service or the main USP of the company.
- Bad/ Outdated Designs – User-friendly and aesthetically correct calendar layouts always tend to get more results when used in a marketing campaign than cluttered or visually disapproving designs. You need to remember that the consumer is going to choose the calendar by using it rather than simply being hooked on by the images.
- Inferior Printing Material – Never try and save on printing paper quality as far as printing calendars are concerned. The print quality is what distinguishes the good from the bad and the professionals from the amateur. Therefore, make sure that you have the right printing agency and the right kind of budget that will help you to get the desired output. If your calendar contains a lot of images and only the dates in textual format, try gloss finish prints. And if your calendar is full of quotes or jokes, i.e., textual matter gets more importance, try matte finish in your printing assignments.
- Absence of Research or Market Information – Before even starting to develop your calendars for a marketing campaign, do your research and homework before expecting results in the form of actual sales or lead generation improvement. Market information or contemporary trends in calendar printing or marketing is crucial to developing a winning calendar-centric marketing campaign.
Some professional printing agencies also offer special benefits for clients who wish to incorporate calendar printing into their marketing campaign. PrintPapa, a premier printing agency, is offering 25% off on calendar printing assignments this Halloween of 2009. So, why delay success that lies in your way on a date down the calendar?
Since now you are well-informed about the common mistakes you need to side-step while trying your hand at a marketing campaign focused entirely on calendar-printing and allied exercises, go win it for yourself and your firm!